What combination of H/C/I will wwork best?

I am looking for some epople that have had good street combinations with afr 165 heads on a 306. I and am looking for a good cam and intake combination. I am considering the edelbrock performer or the trick flow street intake. I also am looking at the comp cam XE270HR. Duration 218/224 Lobe sep. 114 lift 512/512. I want to maximize my combination and rev to 5800 or 6000. What do you guys think?

• Sponsors (?)

Decent head and cam combo IMO...for the price range you could also look at having a custom pc made. I run the XE270 in the 112 lsa version and with the typhoon (RPM copy) and lightly worked small valve Eddy heads I have a very enjoyable nasty sounding little street munster.

I am leaning toward the edelbrock intake and the Comp XE270HR cam. I called Comp today and they recommended this cam for good low end and it will rev to 5800. I also would like to add a blower in the future and comp said this cam is good for a blower also.

I have the bbk intake manifold with a set of performer rpm heads with XE270HR as well. my car made 305hp and 330ft/tourque and we stopped reving it at 6 and it was still climbing but very slowely. if ud like to see the dyno shee i can email to you if u like