SN95 What Differential Fluid?

95Stangpa

Apr 4, 2017
Pa.
I drained my differential to check things out. And I wanted to change the fluid since I just bought my car.
1995 V6/Auto With NON posi and 2:73 gears. My tag was still in place.
What weight should I use? I have 80w/90 on hand. I wasnt sure what is recommended for mine.
And how much? Thank you!

• Sponsors (?)

70w140 synthetic with couple ounces of Ford friction modifier for a limited slip.

My car has IRS, though. Your v6 will be fine with 80w90 and no friction modifier. 80w90 is what it should call for.

70w140 synthetic with couple ounces of Ford friction modifier for a limited slip.

My car has IRS, though. Your v6 will be fine with 80w90 and no friction modifier. 80w90 is what it should call for.

Thank you. I have two quarts on hand. Should be plenty. I have so much maintenance to do. Just because I like to refresh the whole system front to back when I buy a car.
I will at least use this fluid since I have it on hand.

That gear oil will be exactly what that car needs.

Gosh, I hate the smell of that crap. Gear oil has to be the stinkiest fluid on the planet. :drool:

That gear oil will be exactly what that car needs.

Gosh, I hate the smell of that crap. Gear oil has to be the stinkiest fluid on the planet. :drool:

Oh I know. I went today and picked up fluid, filters, and some other stuff. Walked into the garage and my wife was with me. She said.."What the hell is the nasty smell"? Lol

Reactions: 1 user