What do ya'll think?

I bought a supercharger kit from THR it comes with everything i need and I'm all set to install everything when I go on leave but now my wife wants me to pay to have everything installed so I can spend more time with her and the kids while I'm on leave. The guys at fastlane motorsports want 800 bucks for the install and 400 for the dynotune if I didnt have a chip i dont know have much for the tune with the chip the kit comes with the chip. I'm thinking 1,200 bucks I could quite possibly almost get a set of heads for that or an intake ect. ect.... So what would ya'll do? I mean I'd like to spend time with the family but i also like getting my hands dirty installing everything myself + 1,200 bucks could be spent better elsewhere.

• Sponsors (?)

problem is I've been home a total of 4 months in the last 3 1/2 years I really want to work on my stang but I do want to spend time with my family. I only get 15 days of leave so you would think this should be a no brainer and I should just pay someone to install it for me. But, on the other hand I like to install everything myself and would enjoy doing it plus it would be done my way.

If you really want to do it,find a way to get the family"involved",she may even polish a tool or two

I've tried that before and they all get bored, grumpy and miserable, Then the wife wont polish any tools for quite some time:lock: . all my buddies arn't there to help out either so it would be just me doing the install. on the plus side thats just more beer for me on the down it would probrobly take alot longer and I might get to drunk to finish and pass out with my hand in the fuel tank. Any ideas on how to make it more entertaining for the wife and kids?

I've tried that before and they all get bored, grumpy and miserable, Then the wife wont polish any tools for quite some time:lock: . all my buddies arn't there to help out either so it would be just me doing the install. on the plus side thats just more beer for me on the down it would probrobly take alot longer and I might get to drunk to finish and pass out with my hand in the fuel tank. Any ideas on how to make it more entertaining for the wife and kids?

Tell em the faster you get done the faster they'll get to go for one hell of a ride? :shrug:

If you are going to use the chip in the kit, call the place doing the tuning and have them make you a generic "safe" tune so you can drive it there to get dyno'ed. As long as you don't romp on the car before you get your dyno tune you should be ok. Thats what my tuner does for me. As far as the wife and kids...I think you should install the supercharger and deal with them later. They will forgive you as soon as they see and hear that mustang whine. You might be changing some diapers after they go for a ride :) Good luck.