What do you think my buddies car will run *rant*

SLiM JiM 156

Founding Member
Mar 18, 2002
Rohnert Park, CA
Ok well me and my buddy got into an arguement over what his car will do at the track. We would just take it to the track and settle this but he has shaved door handles and no cage, so we have to bench race. lol. his mods are

D.S.S Low Comp. 306
Procharger D1 @ 16 lbs of boost
AFR 185 Heads
Custom Blower grind cam (dont know specs)
42 lb injectors
BBK 70mm T/B
SVO intake
3.55 gears
Pro 5.0 shifter
BBK Longtubes
o/r shorty x pipe
He would be running on ET Streets
lowering springs etc etc..

Well what do you guys think he would pull at the track so we can put this to rest..

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Wow as long as he drives hard and revvs it out i would imagine a low 11second slip, either way it doesnt matter because he is gonna get kicked out on his first pass if he hooks up and drives it at all well.

WhiteDevil said:
Wow as long as he drives hard and revvs it out i would imagine a low 11second slip, either way it doesnt matter because he is gonna get kicked out on his first pass if he hooks up and drives it at all well.

I would say low 11s to if not in the 10s. But I dont know that much
:nonono:

man, what is the argument does he say it is so fast that he'll run a certain number or what. Or do you think it is faster than he does or something. I say go make the one pass you can get and then leave the track but at least you would know

jason

I tell him that it will pull off a low 11, really high 10, he tells me that it will pull mid-low 10, regardless its a badass car. The only problem is that the tech inspectors will notice that the car will be in the 11's plus he wont pass inspection with the shaved door handles. the handles were on the car when he bought it and he is trying to get new doors.

i didn't realize that that illegal, but i guess if you had an accident, they couldn't get into you. i would say if he knows how to drive/launch, prolly be in the low 11s to high 10s. it takes a decent suspension to get into the 10s.

i'm with paul, there is no way in hell the first time down the track with that car he'll pull off a 10 sec slip. i'd say he'll get more than one run down the track, because the first few will be dogs with the unknown layout of the track but i'd venture to say mid-high 11's before he gets kicked out.
look at pauls times, what was your first run with your now low 12 sec combo....mid 13's????

Jeremy

89 blue lx said:
out of curiosity what is done to your car?

its a stock longblock non pi headed 4.6 w/ a V-1 S-Trim, 3.73 gears, o/r x pipe, flows, hurst shifter, 42 lb injectors, lightning mass air, steeda timing adjuster. I just got it all on running but now its all coming off because im going back to the 5.0 and selling the 4.6. heres a pic of my car though :D

dsc00468.jpg

Im picking up an 87 LX that was converted to mass air w/ all the boltons + a Procharger P600B in the box for $5000. I should have fun with that :D

ProKiller said:
i didn't realize that that illegal, but i guess if you had an accident, they couldn't get into you. i would say if he knows how to drive/launch, prolly be in the low 11s to high 10s. it takes a decent suspension to get into the 10s.

he does have suspension work done to the car, i just dont know exactly what he has so i didnt want to post it. I got some video of the car earlier today so if i figure how to post the vid ill post it up