What do you think this guy's 89 notch would run in the 1/4?

• Sponsors (?)

HO93LX302 said:
my sentra se-r spec v is probably faster then his notch lol i'd say his car might get mid 14's if he's lucky.. not sure how good those 86 carb motors are though.. i could be wrong

Oh that's bull...people here were talking about LX notches getting well into the 13's with gears and DR's.

Besides, I hope you're SE-R SpecV isn't stock because my buddy has a 2003 with catback and a couple other mods and it's a DOG. Those cars aren't fast without forced induction, sorry. :p

I know I'm at least mid 13's (or in the vicinity) because I slightly pulled on a guy's 2001 LS1 Camaro until his massive top end took over around 100 or so. And he can drive.

25thmustang said:
86s had weak heads from what I have heard... If it was carbed it must have had an intake, and the E-303 isnt bad. I would say if he also had exhaust, mid to low 14s or so.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that he had ported E7's also. When I told him I had ported stockers instead of aluminums he said "Me too".

I'll edit the orig. post to include that, my bad.

I just recently owned a 2001 LS1 SS and ran 12.90 @110 on stock tires, manual tranny of course, so if you pulled him up to 100 like you say and he can drive, your car is faster than you think. I sold the SS and still have my 90 notch by the way.

cobrabuilder said:
I just recently owned a 2001 LS1 SS and ran 12.90 @110 on stock tires, manual tranny of course, so if you pulled him up to 100 like you say and he can drive, your car is faster than you think. I sold the SS and still have my 90 notch by the way.

He wasnt racing an SS but a Mustang with a few mods.

Now with the ported E7s I would say mid to high 13s!

25thmustang said:
He wasnt racing an SS but a Mustang with a few mods.

He was probably comparing his car with the Z28 I raced that was mentioned above. ;)

Now with the ported E7s I would say mid to high 13s!

Yeah I was thinking mid 13's based on other cars I've raced...possibly a bit faster but I need to get to the track to find out. Pulling on stockish or mildly modded 99+ GT's is no problem...

FYI, there are a couple of guys in our heavier SN95's running high 12's on stock E7's but they have other mods and lots of weight reduction. That would rock but I'm not willing to turn my car into a metal shell to do it, hence the AFR's going on next week. :)

Imyourzero said:
He was probably comparing his car with the Z28 I raced that was mentioned above. ;)

Yeah I was thinking mid 13's based on other cars I've raced...possibly a bit faster but I need to get to the track to find out. Pulling on stockish or mildly modded 99+ GT's is no problem...

FYI, there are a couple of guys in our heavier SN95's running high 12's on stock E7's but they have other mods and lots of weight reduction. That would rock but I'm not willing to turn my car into a metal shell to do it, hence the AFR's going on next week. :)

Check my sig, 13.05 with untouched E7s, untouched bottem end, stock suspension, stock mass air, and in no way gutted (leather full interior, power everything). I am sure an SN-95 could do it with better suspension and few more bolt ons!

I remember seeing your car up at Lebanon Valley last year 25thmustang.. I don't remember your times but your car is nice.. I think you were with another guy that had a LX hatch all stock and gutted and he was getting high 12's?? i think it was a marron colored LX.. It was a while ago but i'm not 100% sure..

Also you have to remember street racing and track racing are totally different.. If that guy with the notchback you raced never went to the track before i bet you his first few passes won't be anything better then mid to high 14's.. you can ask anyone here you have to get used to racing at a track to get your best times.. When my car was supercharged 2 years ago, i raced it once after a dyno tune on street tires.. My only pass i got that day ended up to be 13.1@110 with a 2.13 60 foot.. Maybe if i didn't spin my tires 200 feet down the track i might have ended up with a mid to low 12 second pass..

HO93LX302 said:
I remember seeing your car up at Lebanon Valley last year 25thmustang.. I don't remember your times but your car is nice.. I think you were with another guy that had a LX hatch all stock and gutted and he was getting high 12's?? i think it was a marron colored LX.. It was a while ago but i'm not 100% sure..

Also you have to remember street racing and track racing are totally different.. If that guy with the notchback you raced never went to the track before i bet you his first few passes won't be anything better then mid to high 14's.. you can ask anyone here you have to get used to racing at a track to get your best times.. When my car was supercharged 2 years ago, i raced it once after a dyno tune on street tires.. My only pass i got that day ended up to be 13.1@110 with a 2.13 60 foot.. Maybe if i didn't spin my tires 200 feet down the track i might have ended up with a mid to low 12 second pass..

Wow, I bet when yuo saw me I had the auto, and the Maroon one was my dad. I was running low 14s and he was running low 13s (he only had full exhaust, 3.55s and slicks). At the time my car was annoying me, but after the T5 and headers and H-pipe it went from loe 14s to low 13s! His now runs low 12s @ 110 with Explorer heads, Cobra intake and the rest of the bolt ons.

The street and the track are different as anyone will tell you. I have seen 15 second cars beat 13 second cars on the street! Its never a fair race on the street!