What does a Kenne Bell "Shoot Out" / "Power" Switch do? (2003 Cobra)

My MAROON joyride yesterday had a switch on it that I forgot to ask the salesman what it did. It was where the change hold is on my GT (or where the convertible top button would be) and said "Shoot Out" at the top, "Power" at the bottom, and "Kenne Bell" on the sides. I know Kenne Bell makes superchargers but since this was a 2003 Cobra I don't know why it would have an aftermarket supercharger. Even if it does have a KB in it, what would that switch do?

And yes I did do a search for this before I made my thread and didn't find anything helpful.

• Sponsors (?)

i think ones maybe a race setup that advances timeing and stuff, so you have to run race gas on that setting, and maybe the other one is just the regular street tune...

and the reason you KB an 03/04 is to make more power ;)

Craig Mack said:
I NEVER want to see that on my screen ever again. Do you understand me?

Well, a-hole, then don't ever type it again because I said, "Wow, thanks! You're actually knowledgable and I always thought you were just another pretty cowbell!" while you quoted me as having said, "I always thought you were just another pretty cowbell babe! hehe. :)"

:mad: Don't ever misquote me again. I think doing that should be a ban-able offense!

Boy.... I must be missing something in this post!? He made a joke about the avatar and you guys are jumping on him pretty hard!? WTF?

Any ways.... It sounds like you have a dual bank chip in the car as stated already. One for street and one for strip. I would find the previous owner and ask what the difference between the two is. Like 1990StangLX stated, I'm sure timing is advanced along with a few other parameters and it may require higher octane fuel to run on the other setting.

U.M.

Uncle Meat said:
Boy.... I must be missing something in this post!? He made a joke about the avatar and you guys are jumping on him pretty hard!? WTF?

No, I made a joke about the avatar and he purposely mis-quoted me to make me look bad. That is what we were jumping on him about.

Uncle Meat said:
Any ways.... It sounds like you have a dual bank chip in the car as stated already. One for street and one for strip. I would find the previous owner and ask what the difference between the two is. Like 1990StangLX stated, I'm sure timing is advanced along with a few other parameters and it may require higher octane fuel to run on the other setting.

U.M.

I was just curious about it. I'm not buying the car, at least not right now (if my damn job gives me the promotion they have been promising for months now I might end up with a Mach 1 or Cobra). I just didn't know what it did and was afraid to push it. I thought it might be something to do with Nitrious and I would hit it and shoot the car into a school bus full of nuns or something.

manicmustangman said:
No, I made a joke about the avatar and he purposely mis-quoted me to make me look bad. That is what we were jumping on him about.

No...you just need to lighten up, I guess you can't read sarcasm very well. In no point, in any of my posts in this thread, have I been serious. I altered your quote to make you sound gay....as a joke. Anyone with half a brain knows you didn't just type out what I quoted you as saying, so its not necissary you even try to defend youself to it.

Anyways, I'll make sure to notify you well in advance next time I try to pull a funny. I'm going to go sit in the corner now.

1990StangLX said:

View attachment 523006
View attachment 523008
gayfight2.gif

gayfight2.gif

gayfight2.gif

Attachments

• gayfight2.gif
    gayfight2.gif
    15.8 KB · Views: 158
  • gayfight2.gif
    gayfight2.gif