What first?? Springs and Shocks or Anti-Roll Kit?

GermanyBert

Sep 25, 2008
Germany
Need a little help from the guys and gals in the know.

I don't have the funds to do all my planned suspension upgrades at one times so I will be doing it in two phases.

Shocks and Springs at one time and anti-roll kit at another.

I plan to go with Eibach Pro-Kit Springs with Tokico D-Spec shocks front and back.

I am going with Eibach Anti-Roll kit.

Question is since I am doing this in two phases should I go with shocks and prings first or the anti-roll kit...or does it even matter?

Lastly....will I need a realignment after each phase?

• Sponsors (?)

I think most people go shocks and springs first. Maybe check out a pair of upper strut mounts (CC Plates). I know steeda has some pricey ones but I think you can get a pair for the gt500 for much less. I know you'll want an alignment after the drop. You shouldn't need it after the roll bars though.

I wouldn't rule out an anti roll bar kit out as the first mod as it allows you to use what you already have there more efficiently. It is also definitely a more cost effective mod as well compared to the spring/shock replacement.

Who knows if looks aren't everything to you you may just find out that that's all the suspension you really need. If you do go this route I would definitely also consider getting a set of lower control arms.

Remember suspension components work best when they are FIRMLY planted on the ground. The sway bars will take care of that during the turns, the control arms will help during accel/decel.