What gauges with SC...

Cobra1894

Oct 7, 2003
Broken Arrow, OK
OK I need a boost gauge, but do I get one with or W/O vacuum (Always thought vac was with turbos)? The setup I have in mind is oil pressure and Fuel pressure to go along in a 3 pod A pillar. But do I need an Air Fuel mixture gauge instead of Fuel pressure, or both? Which one is more important with boost? Also should I get Mech. or electric??? your thoughts please.

• Sponsors (?)

you want one with vaccum, that will help ensure that you don't have a vacuum leak..........then you want a fuel pressure gauge and probably oil pressure...........if you go with mechanical fuel pressure, it has to be mounted outside of the car......if you get all electric (expensive) you can mount them inside the car............later, hotwheels of insanemustangs.com

I might do a real OP, water temp and Boost/vac gauge inside the car. Then have Fuel on the cowl.

All 5.0L motors (keeping this to 5.0's so people dont start posting about obscure motors that their uncle once read about) produce vacuum. It is a large factor in making things work.

Good luck.