what heads for my 86?

• Sponsors (?)

E7 are better than the E6 you have now but I'm with stythyn about their not being worth the cost of shipping. Save your nickles and dimes and get a set of the TFS heads.

so even having them cut for 202 160 valves will do nothing

it will actually make them work worse because a stock arcitecture ford head already has the intake valve up against the side of the cylinder wall, so you put a 2.02 in it and itll be right up next to the cylinder wall and will shroud the valve.

which would be a big problem even if those heads had the port cross sectional area to support having a 2.02, which they dont. its a complete waste of money. i wouldnt even waste money on larger valves. if you want to play with something, play with valvejobs and better quality valves. all valves are not created equal. you could cut them for a bigger valve, but if you dont have the cross section and shape to allow the larger valve to do its job (or if the valve is shrouded by the wall) it wont run any better and many times it will run worse.

so even having them cut for 202 160 valves will do nothing

Correct... and aside from some oddly shaped chambers and the shrouding mentioned above, the valve stems themselves are short. Shorter than what you'd find on a set of E7s etc.

It's not to say that you'd not be able to find new valves but it may be more of a search than normally expected and the end result?.... reduced lift of an oversized valve and a net result of STILL poor performance.

Do what chrome rust says and swap to mass air before you mess with anything at all.
Because if you do it all at once and it doesn't run right, you could be tracking down the problem forever.

Get the MAf right, then do the head swap.

And don't waste any of your money on e6 or e7 heads.