What is the interior upgrade package?

thegoalie

Aug 2, 2004
Okay, so I'm looking at the options for the '05 in the official ordering guide , and I notice the interior upgrade package.

Here's part of the description:
Satin aluminum finish instrument panel applique'-ribbed pattern
Leather-wrapped steering wheel with satin aluminum spokes
Okay, now here's where I'm a little worried. I love the interior of the new 'Stang, because of the aluminum dash. Every interior picture I've seen has the alumunim dash, but is that not standard? Will we have to pay extra for it?

Dash-sm.jpg

In other words, will the dash just be plain plastic unless we pay extra for the aluminum finish? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Yep, its black if you don't get the IUP

IUP consists of:

-Aluminum dash
-shifter upgrade (auto gets the alum., manual gets a metal top under plastic)
-MyColor (or ColourShift if your canadian) colour change gauges
-6 gauge system as oppose to the 4 without it.
-door sill plate with MUSTANG written on it

Boomer v3.8 said:
-6 gauge system as oppose to the 4 without it.

I guess I was a bit naive thinking we'd get the aluminum standard. What's the 4 and 6 gauge system? Let me guess, 4 is speed, tach, gas, and temp? And the 6 includes battery and oil?

By the way, great avatar ryanrule. Is that from Family Guy?

oatmealr said:
So where does the red leather come from?

I didn't see a red leather option in the list, as far as I can remember.

It clearly states in the Order Guide under "Major Product Changes" the red leather option

Interior Color Accent Package
* Dark Charcoal Interior with Dark Charcoal Carpet
* Red sport bucket leather front and rear seating surfaces with red front door trim inserts and red floor mats (Requires Interior Upgrade Package, Dark
Charcoal Interior and leather sport bucket seating surfaces)

The order code for this option is 68R

I guess i never consider the silly options as part of fully loaded. The colored dash light crap is a waste of money imo. And if i wanted a nice sterio id put it together aftermarket for much cheaper thant he mach 1000.

If you dont get those two things and im sure there are a few other 'silly' add ons. probably 28,000-28,500.

kirkyg