what kind of times could i expect at the strip with my mods ?

fastgtfairlane

Apr 7, 2006
ive got a well maintained 94 gt that i bought with 108,000 miles. it was a bone stock gt with the exception of a 40 series flowmaster catback. it has a 5spd with 3.08 gears and a decent working trackloc. the engine runs pretty strong. im running 16* of timing, 65mm tb, o/r x pipe, pullies, smog delete, 1.5 inch lowering springs, c&l 76mm mass air, cai, typhoon upper and lower and 24lb injectors. i also have a msd 6A box. i also have 245/50 17s on the back. never been on the strip with this car. if i could get it to hook up half way on the track, what kind of times could i expect?

• Sponsors (?)

are you guys serious? I have less than that done and times in sig....not a good driver either. Atleast you get an idea, i say mid high 13's but not sure how the 3.08's will hurt you over the 3.27's.

i was thinkin real low 14s or high 13s. the car feels like a 13s ride. ive outrun a 2000 gt that had longtubes and o/r x pipe w flowmasters. ive seen those cars go high 13s stock. im also trying to decide whether to buy 3.73s or upgrade the rear upper and lower control arms. which would be more beneficial.

gears will make it more fun for sure. Even if you get traction with the 3 08's you'll probly be much more prone to bog and making it even harder to get better 60ft's but then again all gears are going to do is cause wheel spin. I'd go for the seat of the pant's feel and go for gears.

4.10s would be better for track use and that PP intake.

I'd guess mid to high 14s. Maybe low 14s if your at a low altitude track and have good track conditions.

Beating a 2000 GT on the street means little at the track.

The first time out at the track is very humbling.

are you guys serious? I have less than that done and times in sig....not a good driver either. Atleast you get an idea, i say mid high 13's but not sure how the 3.08's will hurt you over the 3.27's.

What i dont think you understand is that you must either be a real good driver, have a factory freak car, or have a track with a ****ty timing system because your times reflect a car with more mods...hats off to you man:nice:

To the original poster, i think you can hit low 14's-high 13's with your mods, and solid 13.6-13.7 with some drag radials...good luck, the first time at the track may induce addiction haha.

The first time out at the track is very humbling.[/QUOTE]

i know all about that believe me.

ive still got some kinks to work out before i see the track with this car. im hopin to get to the 13s with this car. i know the car is capable, but it will take some skill behind the wheel.

i say mid to high 14's the only real performance mods that are at all noticiable are the intake..... your pulleys are good for a tenth ...the c&l, the tb, and the injectors are not a huge gain either...you have a pretty stockish motor so dont expect too much..