What not to do to a rear bumper

stang120gt

Jun 28, 2004
Michigan
Ok well this year at the dream cruise there happen to be this stang owner that decide to cut holes in his rear bumper to put his tail pipes through. Needless to say the holes were about 1 1/2" bigger then his tail pipes all the way around. Well here's a pic it explain's alot

Attachments

• 0819061902.jpg
    0819061902.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 302
  • Sponsors (?)

My first Mustang had those done by the previous owner...what a F'in hack job. This was one of those guys who generally took pretty good care of his car....routine oil changes only from dealers, always genuine Ford parts etc...but this was just crap:
attachment.php

If you look at that plate, that was the original plate issued to the car when it was bought. He was the second owner, and bought this car with only a couple thousand miles on it so he was pretty much the original owner. I pealed the registration stickers off all the way down to '89. I know all this because the owner was a friend of mine. It was a great car, ran like a champ but had some cosmetic issues, like the stupid bumper holes.

fivespeedsteed said:
wouldnt the heat and soot and **** that spits out mess with the bumper and warp it. it looks like 302 coupe's has warped some.

I think that ripple was caused when the previous owner side swiped a guard rail, because the left quarter was wrecked pretty hard and the bumper didn't line up too well, but yea i think the heat would start to get to it a little over time.

There is a pretty nice Red GT that I see around here and the Guy did a real hack job doing that to the rear Bumper, ALMOST makes me feel as sick as when I see a Fart Can on Something!