What should I pay for this?

bobbylx

Mar 3, 2004
Hello all, well I am currently an 88 LX guy but have a good lead on 1996 Cobra. The guy selling it is the orignal owner, has kept it garaged, it's black and has about 8,500 miles on it. The car belongs to a co-worker of mines husband, and she told me to come by and look at it and make an offer. She said that they will give me a good deal. I have looked it up in NADA and Kelley Blue Book and they say anywhere between 10,500 and 12,000. I thought it would be more, but what do you Cobra people think I should offer for this car in the real world? :rolleyes:
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like it could be a nice car. 8,500 miles or not, the thing is still nearing TEN years old. Personally, the most I would ever pay for the car would be KBB value, but I dont really care for the 96-98 cars. If you really like it and would be happy owning it, well 12.5k or 13 wouldnt be too bad for it, given its mileage.

But still- the thing is getting really old. Keep that in mind while you look at it.

sorry for digging up an older post but I think you sould go for it if you have not. That is a very good deal and some poeple just perfer the '96-'98 snakes. I reciently bought a 1996 Mystic cobra with 45K miles on it for $13,000. It may be a nine year old car but if taken well care of and that low of miles, it should not matter. Mine drives like a charm