what sound would you hear if you.....

• Sponsors (?)

paper
on bbk ceraminc shorty looks to be all solid so that be single flange right?
its driving me nuts
guess i can try installing new gasket
to do it just set it in thier and tighted her down right
its not puff puff but a more of a ppiff pifff almost ticking

the paper ones blow real easily, get metal ones. you may need to take the header all the way off if the gasket doesnt come off easily so you can scrape it off. if it comes off easy just loosen all the bolts and take them out except for the two end bolts. leave them half way in and your gasket just slides in place.

also check your O2 sensor, i had a problem with mine not wanting to stay tight once.

i did, try using www.putfile.com

32564yrs1pv.jpg

it sounds like that first header and i climed underneath and it doesnt look like the cardboard is on the bottom of the header as it is on the other ones
must be the header gasket
how much to have a garage swap it out
while im at work
?

just drive it until you get a chance to fix it, if its already ticking it wont get much worse, youll just be getting a little less gas mileage (o2 sensors). itll be cheaper to do it yourself too, and youll have the satisfaction of know YOU fixed your car. :nice:

you should be able to get away with just unbolting the headers and pulling back a little to slide the new gasket in. but that all depends on if the paper ones want to co-operate. for some reason the paper ones i had on my car got stuck to the head and i had to get at em with a razor blade. the weird thing is that they were only on the car for 3 weeks!

woodyy24 said:
you should be able to get away with just unbolting the headers and pulling back a little to slide the new gasket in. but that all depends on if the paper ones want to co-operate. for some reason the paper ones i had on my car got stuck to the head and i had to get at em with a razor blade. the weird thing is that they were only on the car for 3 weeks!

thanks woodyy24 for your help worked perfectly and the old gasket came right out-piece of crap bbk gasket that came with headers. 2 cylinders were burnt on it but all fixed and sounds nice and smooth again
thanks for the encouragment