What the fock is wrong with my car!? (about a race, long)

hoss331stang

Jan 17, 2003
Williamston SC
It's carbeurated, here are the mods...

331ci Stroker with 9.25:1 compression, forged I beam rods, forged crank, Pro-lite Reverse Max Quench Pistons,D.S.S. racing Main support System, Dss Racing Windage Tray, AFR 185cc cylinder heads, Comp Cams Xtreme Energy 274HR Cam, 1.6 Crane Rockers, Holley 650 Double Pumper Carb, Custom flamed Valve covers and Breather, 3 core aluminum Radiator, Black magic Electric fan, Ford Racing A/C delete, 130 amp alt.,Underdrive pulleys, BBK 1 3/4 Longtubes,BBK 2.5'' H pipe, Spintech Pro Street Mufflers, Pro 5.0 Shifter, 3.73 gears........

It has its days.....last night i raced a 94 camaro z28 with LT1 with 3.73's, custom computer tune, full CAI with granatelli mass air, LT's with electric cutout, and he had drag radials......he had one passenger in the car and he was maximum 120 lbs.

i had two passengers, one weighing in at 185, and another at 210. me and the driver of the camaro weighed bout the same...

we raced twice...first from a stop.......he got me off the line big time cause he hooked, i spun all thru second........so i couldn't catch up..he won...

second time we did it from a 15 mph roll......we was dead even until i hit forth gear and i started pullin........

my car didn't feel like it had its normal power, mainly because of the plugs were almost fouled....but it could be tuning..or the weight i had in my car at the time.........

what should i do guys? it hasn't been tuned yet.....it runs rich....etc....

• Sponsors (?)

wow from what it sounds like your only problem is that A. try not to race with any passengers(100 pounds is equal to 1/10th in the 1320)--- B.Traction, which you already know---and 3rd and finally C.you know your car better than any of us, so if you havnt already... learn to read your plugs, if you listen real close theyll tell you a lot about whats happening with your engine and you can further tune it from there(light tan bla,bla,bla), but what the hell do i know i just fried my new dizzy an hour after getting it out of the box--i guess your not supposed to hook your power and ground to positive :rolleyes: -petty mistakes----anyway good luck......................and im gonna need your motor.

Get a dyno appointment (make sure they have a wide band o2 sensor) and tune it in. You may be surprised how much you pick up. When you tune on the dyno it takes all the guess work out of it. You can see the exact air fuel and optimize it and see exactly how much timing your engine wants to see. It's well worth the $.