What To Do?!?!? Big Step In My Stangs Life

OK, I got my intake manifold and I thought I was going to be done with my car power-wise. This kid i work with drives a 35th anniversary SS camaro. He talks so much $hit it's ridiculous. I used to just say its still a chevy and you got way more displacement then me and i dont care. Well.... I do care, I want to just fly by this kid one day at the track. Heres where i need some help. Money is kinda an obstacle but since I only have to pay for insurance and a cell phone bill its not too bad. Here are my options:

A: Go with common Heads/Cam and hope for the best (New Parts)
B: Buy this junked turbocoupe a couple of blocks from me and try a junkyard turbo setup
C: Used supercharger on the corral or maybe ebay
D: Start looking for 347 shortblock and hope the rest of my car stays together(used)

Can anyone give me some approx prices? Also, this is my daily driver so what can i expect for gas mileage/reliability(VERY IMPORTANT). Thanks and props to stangnet for this kick-a$$ site.

:flag: Kevin

• Sponsors (?)

Money is also an issue for me lately and I'm in desperate need of more power.

Mustangs Unlimited has Trick Flow twisted wedge heads for $995, thats dirt cheap and they'll give you good power gains. You can get any aftermarket cam for less than $200, or you can get an FTI cam for $325. Of course you'll have to get the surrounding components with all of that as well. I'm not sure how much all of that will cost. Depends on how many new components you want to get. You can get a set of roller rockers on e-bay for less than $200 as well.

There's also that Trick Flow combo through Summit thats $2049.95, that includes everything you'll need. Part # TFS-K514-350-370

347's are going to cost from 2000 and up for brand new ones. you could go to a junkard and find a used 351 and put on heads/cam/intake i dont know if you want to im just throwing out more ideas.

I would say, buy a cam for cheap, like some comp cams are plenty under 200, port and polish your own heads, which is REALLY cheap AND effective. (if you want some info, email me!) and THEN, with all the money you saved, the next month you can rig up a twin turbo JY setup!!! Talk about DESTROYING that SS. Shoot, i'm waiting for emissions to do just the cam and heads, and as for the SS, well, he keeps up.. i guess, well, sorta...

I think you can get a set of GT-40P heads assembled for $399? I believe I saw an add for them in the back of a Mustang magazine. Do a nice home porting job on those and add a cam.

If you haven't bought the Cobra intake manifold yet, you can pick up a used Edelbrock for $350. Check the corral classifieds.

Thats a great thing about Mustangs, they can be modded successfully for very cheap

If you want to beat a car that makes 320hp and weighs about the same as your car does, you have to make as much or more power generally speaking. The cheapest and easiest is nitrous oxide. A good kit costs the fraction of the cost that HCI or Forced induction does. As long as you keep it under a 125hp shot your stock short block will take it with out puking its guts out. A small note about HCI, you are going to give up some driveability for it. 94-95s have idling issues with a HCI set ups and take some tuning to run properly with them [I know from my fight with my HCI combo, which was cured by the inclusion of possitive manifold presure via a Vortech supercharger :D ]. If all you want is to make you daily driver beat an SS then nitrous is probably the best choice from a price standpoint.

No bones about it...an SS is gonna lay that smack down on you....if you go any other route than N/A...Then he's gonna give you chit for that... :bang: You can almost bank on it...

a set of GT40Ps done up, cam, your intake, 190 pump, AFPR and some decent exhaust should give him a run for the money, and plenty of guys run some excellant times with em...got gears yet??? Thats a start anyway...unfortunately it never ends....its a sickness.. :(