What Wheels will Fit a Classic Mustang?

What is the largest size of wheel that will fit a 1966 V8 Coupe? I am wanting a 16 or 17 inch wheel. I am very green when it comes to backspacing needs and bolt patterns. Would a newer Mustang wheel fit? Obviously, Im not looking for a stock 66 wheel. I want to use either a Torque Thrust 2 or even a "Bullit" style wheel from the last few years. I even like the 16" wheel that is on the 05 V6 cars. A little bit of tech help would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to Stangnet. Since this is your first post I'd like to personally welcome you to the classic Mustang forum as the forum moderator.

You'll find we have a vast amount of knowledge on the forum.
You might want to familarize yourself with the "Search" button.
The search button can do wonders, sometimes people even find useful infomation with it :D

The following link is but just one of the many useful tidbits than can be found using a search:
http://www.dodgestang.com/mustang.htm
Click on Wheel Chart for the appropriate year of your car to download a PDF file with a large assortment of known wheel sizes that fit classic Mustangs and any possible modifications that may be needed.

Thanks, but still need help.

Thanks for your help and the tire guide works really good, but I have another question. Will stock wheels from modern stangs fit my car. Specifically the 16" or 17" Bullitt's or the new 16" from the 2005 v6's. I dont know their diminsions and backspacing, and thus cant really use the chart for this.