What will it take to beat an LS1?

GSAgentED

Mar 30, 2005
Short of supercharger, what will it take, will something like the JMS package 4 be enough?

Plans are JBA Long tube headers, Bassani X-pipe w/comp cats, and the JMS 4 package, im just wondering if it will be enough to beat that ls1

• Sponsors (?)

Turbo 05 said:
a good driver against a not so good driver.
Or even drivers and a intake and tune
:stupid:

The Ls1's are quick and carry about a 45-50bhp advantage stock for stock, but the 05 Stangs are quick. A good driver up against an average one should have no problems. Some of the auto's with the 2.73 rear end are only really mid high 13 second cars so well within reach of an 05.

Apart from that, do the usual. A nice exhaust (X/H cat back), intake and gears with a tune.Will make it pretty competative against most cars on the road.

Add headers, pulley and CM plates there's no reason you won't dyno over 300rwhp with a manual. (probably about 350bhp flywheel). Reckon this is getting on for the upper end as a street car, course you could p&p the heads with new cams maybe pickup another 30 or so HP but from here on you really need to be looking at power adders.

Personally I'd keep it simple. Mid pipe & cat back, CAI and gears. Then save for a blower. 400+rwhp will be no problem and still drivable.

there was a gto club at the track (gainsville fl.) this past weekend and one car had twin turbos and another had a pro charger and the best pass I saw was a 12.66 I dont remember the mph but none of them could drive very well

[QUOTE="car"azy]there was a gto club at the track (gainsville fl.) this past weekend and one car had twin turbos and another had a pro charger and the best pass I saw was a 12.66 I dont remember the mph but none of them could drive very well[/QUOTE]

...and what did you run? How was the track? Not sure what you are driving, but 12.6 is pretty quick 3800 pound car.

[QUOTE="car"azy]there was a gto club at the track (gainsville fl.) this past weekend and one car had twin turbos and another had a pro charger and the best pass I saw was a 12.66 I dont remember the mph but none of them could drive very well[/QUOTE]

I know those guys. There were there to practice their tree and launch skills and do some final tuning for an upcomming GTO shoot out. Trust me when I say that those cars are FASTER then what you saw. The TT GTO is in 11s already no problem and the ATI S/C was letting out after 3rd gear. The TT GTO made 570 rwtq and the ATI S/C goat made 551 rwhp. . .

I have a few bolt-ons and have run 13.0 at 107 before my new suspension, clutch, P&P TB, x-pipe, and dyno tune.

Doc GTO said:
I know those guys. There were there to practice their tree and launch skills and do some final tuning for an upcomming GTO shoot out. Trust me when I say that those cars are FASTER then what you saw. The TT GTO is in 11s already no problem and the ATI S/C was letting out after 3rd gear. The TT GTO made 570 rwtq and the ATI S/C goat made 551 rwhp. . .

I have a few bolt-ons and have run 13.0 at 107 before my new suspension, clutch, P&P TB, x-pipe, and dyno tune.

@DocGTO

Hey Doc ol'buddy!! Do not let people at this website ignore this 05-V6 Mustang.. I am leaving it up to you to set things right.. This car is running a $600 Nitrous system which has been custom jetted.. Doc, you are the keeper of justice around here.. How can you allow this to be ignored?

Look at the 1/4 mile reciept..

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=569430&page=3&pp=25

Just scroll down the page..

Doc GTO said:

Damn...how are they going to get that power to the ground? I read that the TT setup was pretty sweet.

ThreeWhiteGT said:
You need alot of mod's to hang with a Trans Am, let alone beat one.

If you can get that Supercharger you will be in Trans Am territory.

Trans Am in stock form are not that tough to take down. Put a CAI, tune, 4.10 gears, full exhaust set up, some U/D pulleys, Lower Trailing Arms, and some tires and you'll be in the 12's. Then if you really want to do some playing through heads and cams at that combo and it will move.