What would you change on a fox body?

Almost forgot, they shoulda put on a high torque starter as well. Sure the stock starter has enough power for mostly stock, but it's bulky and a high torque starter just sounds cooler. :D

• Sponsors (?)

- The same 5-lug pattern that Ford gave every other darned car they made EXCEPT the Fox chassis (grrrrr...)
- Four-wheel discs
- CUP HOLDERS!! (something like the Plug n' Chug should've been standard equipment)
- Side mirrors that you can actually use in traffic
- An ashtray door that doesn't use such a wimpy, crappy spring ... but then, with a Plug n' Chug type cupholder arrangement, they'd have had to put the lighter someplace else, anyway ... like, say, that big empty space on the dash above the center vents
- An armrest console whose lid actually stays shut, doesn't flop open when you tilt it back, and actually has enough room inside to be of some sort of use beyond storing three or four cassette tapes or packs of chewing gum
- Bigger/deeper glove box
- Rear lower/upper control arms that are a little stiffer than a friggin' beer can
- Headlight lenses that don't yellow out/fog up after being out of the dealer showroom for six months (the Four-Eyed Foxes didn't look quite as sleek, but they were way more practical with lighting)
- No stupid smog pump (as if it actually ever helped emissions, anyway)
- PCV valve located almost anywhere other than the back of the darned intake manifold
- A little oil blowby catch can instead of a PCV valve screen
- Some sort of reinforcement behind the leading edge of the hood so that they don't all develop that same virtually un-fixable trademark dent/dimple that they get the first time someone presses down on the center-front curve of the hood to close it ... or, better yet, a fiberglass hood as standard on all V-8 models
- 6"x9" speakers in the rear deck instead of those weird 6"x8" or 6"x7" turds (there's room, they just never cut the holes big enough)

That's all I can think of at the moment. All of my other remaining gripes pertain exclusively to my car as opposed to Foxes, as a whole. Y'know, things like my non-functional fuel gauge, my 4.10's being wayyyyyy too much gear for skinny little 225/60/R15 radial tires, not having that groovy little flip-down map light my previous '89 notch had, my exhaust only being 3"-4" off the ground, etc. ...

I've gotta go with the following.
1. Stiffer chassis
2. Stronger manual trans
3. Stronger mounting points for suspension
4. Uprgrade electrical (alt etc)
5. Better "E" coat under the paint.

MAC'n89Blckstng said:
Yea my brakes are HORRIBLE.

I drove my 5.0 last weekend after driving my '04 for 2 months straight and the difference in braking is SCARY! :eek:

1. The fenders. Capri fenders rule.
2. The frame around the windows on the doors. I prefer the "no frame on the windows on the doors" look.
3. More "Mustangy" in looks.
4. 5 lug.

:rolleyes: :shrug: :D

don herberto said:
Four wheel disc all the way around. Stronger Trans. IRS.

worst suggestion yet in this thread my friend...

my suggestions:
- hydrolic clutch instead of cable
- better brakes
- sub-frame connectors
- better shifter
- 3.55:1 rear standard

That's about it. Power wise, it's more fun wrenching on it yourself to boost the power. If they came factory with the above suggestions, then a H/C/I swap and you're done.

- Cup holder
- 5-lugs
- would like for the radio and a/c controls to be swapped so you can see the radio buttons better. I know get a CD player with remote.
- GT have a different rear bumper so it can have the stainless pipes coming out the back. Like a Cobra bumper.

wht93gtEd said:
worst suggestion yet in this thread my friend...

my

I like the IRS. Sure it breaks under high HP launches but i don't drag race my car. Every chance i've driven a 99+ Cobra i've loved the IRS through the turns.

If i ever come across a cheap IRS for sale it's going in my Fox