What would you do?? (Got a ticket)

Ghostface

Jan 11, 2004
I got caught doing 97 on a 70 highway (the I-40, I believe). It's a 2 lane highway and it's pretty deserted besides the occasional big rig on the right lane, so I don't think I was putting anyone in danger. Anyways, I think they got me by aircraft radar and in the mail today I got the bail amount which turned out to be $361 (yikes). Would you guys try to fight this ticket or just pay up and go to traffic school?

Oh yeah, I know in some counties they don't allow you to go to traffic school if you go 25 mph over the speed limit, does anyone know the law for San Bernardino county? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Ghostface said:
I got caught doing 97 on a 70 highway (the I-40, I believe). It's a 2 lane highway and it's pretty deserted besides the occasional big rig on the right lane, so I don't think I was putting anyone in danger. Anyways, I think they got me by aircraft radar and in the mail today I got the bail amount which turned out to be $361 (yikes). Would you guys try to fight this ticket or just pay up and go to traffic school?

Oh yeah, I know in some counties they don't allow you to go to traffic school if you go 25 mph over the speed limit, does anyone know the law for San Bernardino county? Thanks

i hate to say it but $361 for doing 97mph isn't that bad. your only hope if you fight this is if the airborne cop doesn't show up to court. 25mph over the speed limit is also considered reckless driving in california and a jailable offense, i know that from experience. :(
the only ways i know to actually fight an airborne ticket is dispute the visibility of the road markings, and make sure that the pilots flight path was straight instead of a parabolic arc.

tschlientz said:
Yes, on some level you should be happy its not over 100. My understanding is thats now mandatory 6 month suspension and very hefty fine.

luckily I was in a company van (Chevy) and it's governed at 100. I was bouncing off the governor the whole trip (yes I'm a dumbass, I know :bang: )

..I'm thinking of trying that ticketassassin site out... probably better than nothing.