What would you do?(tuner question)

I have an '02 GT. I recently bought a used Procharger D1SC kit. Well when ordering parts that were needed to complete my project I ordered the Diablosport Predator. Now after it has come in I realized that the ECM that came with the kit has a SCT chip in it. Only problem is it is tuned for a 15 psi pulley, not the 10 psi pulley I am going to use. I am still new to the whole power adder world so there is some stuff I don't know yet...

So what would you do:

A) go ahead and send the Predator back and swap for an SCT handheld so I can still have room to adjust later(seems that the SCT has more options)

B) send the Predator back and don't buy another handheld, just have my SCT chip tuned.

C) keep the Predator and let them tune my stock ECM via email.

Thanks for any advice!

• Sponsors (?)

Get an SCT tune using a dyno. If its tuned for the 15psi pulley, it will probably be a little more rich and pull more timing so you really arent going to hurt the engine but I would get the tune before going WOT.

IMO, you are asking for trouble using a handheld tuner and a power adder. They give you enough adjustment to blow your engine, but not enough to tune it corectly. Granted you can have a custom tune burned into it, but if you can't realy play with the tune, what is the point. I say either save the money, and just have a dyno tune reburned to the chip, or drop the money on a more capable tuning package like tweecer, or SCT pro Racer package, and a wideband.

jstreet0204 said:
IMO, you are asking for trouble using a handheld tuner and a power adder. They give you enough adjustment to blow your engine, but not enough to tune it corectly. Granted you can have a custom tune burned into it, but if you can't realy play with the tune, what is the point. I say either save the money, and just have a dyno tune reburned to the chip, or drop the money on a more capable tuning package like tweecer, or SCT pro Racer package, and a wideband.

Yeah, I think for now I will just not have a handheld, I can use the money that I spent on the Predator to go towards taking it to a dyno and having my sct chip tuned/burned there. I thought it would be kind of cool to have one in case i swapped gears, or tires, etc for quick changes, but right now the main thing is getting this project together!

Thanks for the help guys