Whats a good start?

hey everyone, i am new to this website but i have been in love with mustangs forever! i have been wanting to own one for a while now but was never able to afford one. i was just curious as to what you guys thought might be a good starter mustang? i know that the v-6 will be a little nicer on my monthly insurance payments but can i get a decent amout of power out of them? and also if i were to get one how hard would it be to drop a v-8 into it? i really want a mustang...and i want to get it to be somewhat powerful. i have a feeling though that if i get a v-6 i would get a lot of crap from people. just asking for some advice! Thanks a lot, Mili :spot:

• Sponsors (?)

Assuming you want a later body style, a 94-95 coupe is a good place to start.

Yes, you can get decent power. Of course, "decent" is a different description for everyone. IMO, 145 HP is "decent" and I thoroughly enjoy it. With a few hundred dollars you can add another 20% or so and be even better. If you have deep pockets, you can make scary power with a 3.8 engine.

My thoughts have always been that I could care less what others think. If I like my car and I enjoy it, what others think matters not to me. In the end, I paid $3300 for a car that looks sweet and gives me plenty of driving pleasure.