whats a pip?

royster5point0

Nov 10, 2005
so my car runs great but only for about 20 to 30 min and then it shuts of, or when i shut if off after running for 20 to 30 min it wont start back up. i got some advice here and tested my tfi it was bad so i changed it. it seems to run a little longer before it shuts off but still has the same problem. i was told the pip works the same; runs fine till it heats up then stops working untill it cools down. either way i need to change it but i dont know the full name so its hard to look for prices. i know its inside the distributer and i think its the metal piece under the coil. but thats about all i know. any help is good. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

royster5point0 said:
so my car runs great but only for about 20 to 30 min and then it shuts of, or when i shut if off after running for 20 to 30 min it wont start back up. i got some advice here and tested my tfi it was bad so i changed it. it seems to run a little longer before it shuts off but still has the same problem. i was told the pip works the same; runs fine till it heats up then stops working untill it cools down. either way i need to change it but i dont know the full name so its hard to look for prices. i know its inside the distributer and i think its the metal piece under the coil. but thats about all i know. any help is good. thanks

the pickup coil inside the distributor , it will be easier to just get a remanufactured distributor for local parts store .......