whats about the most HP/TQ you can get N/A from a 302

• Sponsors (?)

You mean stock shortblock. Real ballpark question. I would say with the right H/C/I combo you could get into the mid 300's, the 9:1 compression doesn't really help much. Now, rebuild the bottom end with higher compression pistons and balanced to run over 7000rpm's and you could see in the 400's on pump gas, they are near 800hp N/A with the 358cid Nascar engines which are based on the GM 350 S/B.

I think MM&FF did a 400hp "stock" shortblock build a while back and made a hair over 400hp N/A with a shelf cam, AFR 185s, Demon carb, high-rise intake, and longtubes. I have "stock" in quotes because they decked the block, milled the heads, and freshened up the engine first.

I would say that with enough compression and a great cam, a well-matched bolt-on combo could hit the high 300hp range.

Also, 800hp 358ci NASCAR engines dont exactly have a stock shortblock, or stock anything for that matter. A 10,000rpm 302 would sure be fun though :D

typically most bolt on stangs, ie pulleys, exhaust, TB, rockers, MAM, etc dont make more than 230 rwhp -/+ 10. The majority of H/C/I 302's make from between 280-320 rwhp depending on the combo.

I know someone with a stock 302 shortblock, box stock TFS TW heads, 1.6 RRs, RPM intake, FPS cam, 70mm TB, C&L mam, pulleys, LTs, H pipe, catback doing 311 rwhp. Thats with no ac, ps, or smog.

You can always make more power if your willing to spend more $$$ or sacrifice driveability.