whats everyones daily driver?

• Sponsors (?)

95YellowGTbeasT said:
my stang is my daily driver i get about 150 miles on a tank of gas :(
Don't feel that bad dawg. Looking at all this mileage peeps are getting is making me sick to my stomach also. :p
I only get 125 to a tank and that's normal driving.
93 is $2.28 in my neighborhood and race gas is $10 now and it's only gonna get worse after Memorial Day!
pissedof.gif

Company Car 2003 Ford "Toilet" Taurus. Tranny leak at 332 miles (Ford overtightened 4 tranny pan bolts) and oil leak at 17,500 miles (front seal). All that's missing is a coolant leak (any day now).

Should have a 2005 Chevy Impala late next year to replace the toilet.

Car has been airborne twice. Once with Roger (Green94 5.0), sparks when we landed. Second one was a 65 MPH launch that actually corrected my alignment after we landed. Just got some road rash on the front fascia from the landing.

My mom gets a company car every so often..
Yesterday I called her and she asked what a Hemi Magnum was..
I told her it was the station wagon (sort of) car from Dodge.. She said that might be her next company car.. :D :nice:

I love my Sentra's handling though.. blows the stang away hands down. I may Auto-X it. I've also thought about Coil Overs, CAI, Short Throw Shifter, Header, Hi-Flow Cat, Exhaust, Cams... I mean uh..

VibrantRedGT said:
Company Car 2003 Ford "Toilet" Taurus. Tranny leak at 332 miles (Ford overtightened 4 tranny pan bolts) and oil leak at 17,500 miles (front seal). All that's missing is a coolant leak (any day now).

Check this out.. My boss just bought a 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Crew Cab with ALL OPTIONS. 40 + I promise you.. 15 miles on the odometer and he had a major oil and tranny leak. Seems GM miss aligned the oil pan on the engine causing it to leak almost a quart or more before he brought it back the next day and the trans leaked as well.. He was pissed..

We gave him Hell for it too because he's all about how a Chevy is better than a Ford.. yeah.

scottie1113 said:
My 95 GT Vert is my only car. 17 in town, 22-24 freeway. I don't put a lot of miles on it so although the price of gas has affected me some, it hasn't killed me yet.

To me it makes no economic sense to spend hundreds, if not thousands, on a beater or other car just because it gets better mileage. If nothing else, the extra insurance costs will negate the minimal amount of money you'll save on gas. Do the math yourself.

But to help, assume you drive 12,000 miles a year and average 20 mpg on 87. 18 months ago gas here was $1.36 here a gallon. That's $876 a year, or $68 a month.

Today it was $2.27 a gallon. Using the same numbers, that's $1362 a year or $113.50 a month, an increase of $45.50 a month.

Using these numbers, does another car make sense? I don't think so.

On the other hand, if you need something else to drive in winter's snow and ice, that's a different issue altogether.

Just my $.02.

Ok but your insurance will go down at least my friend did when he bought a jeep it went down enought to pay for 1/2 of his car payment....and you need to factor in stuff such as Tire's, and car wear....a beater car is somthing you can drive when your working on your car or in bad weather like snow....and it makes more since that way becuase if you have a beter car you can take your time and install parts your self and take weeks but if you dont you may have to pay someone for faster turn around....also i was thinking about getting a bike for and get freaking awsome mpg...plus my road to work is a twisty mountain road.

DD 2000 GMC Yukon, Company Car & 1999 F150 Extended cab 4x4 personal vehicle, wifes car 2001 Toyota Avalon. The mustang's for fun

Yukon 15 in town 18 on the road, F150 12.89mpg avg for all the miles it has been driven including twice to Montana snowmobiling with a 4 place trailer and 3 guys in the truck. Toyota 21 avg.

94SC50 said:
Don't feel that bad dawg. Looking at all this mileage peeps are getting is making me sick to my stomach also. :p
I only get 125 to a tank and that's normal driving.
93 is $2.28 in my neighborhood and race gas is $10 now and it's only gonna get worse after Memorial Day!
pissedof.gif
i get about 220 miles per tank, but i have 4.10s and my odometer is all screwed up, so who knows what it REALLY is?

i went to 87 octane (still over $2.00) and backed the timing down, at least while the prices are so high.

Half of his payment in his primary car? That's good. But how did his car payment go down when he bought another car? Or are you talking about his monthly insurance premium? And how much?

What did his jeep cost him? And how much more was the insurance for the jeep? Did you ask him that? Overall, how much out of pocket did it cost him to buy the jeep, get it insured, and then buy gas for both? Jeeps are not known as economy cars.

If he bought it for fun, that's another story. Jeeps are cool.

But let's hear all the facts.

'93 Thunderbird LX 5.0. Got it for $500, and all it needs are locks that got broken off, a new trunk cause it's bent up from being broken into, a door handle on the passenger side, a new rear tire cause I have to fill it up every 3 or 4 days, an oil leak, a new corner light/turn signal, a new rear seat as it is currently torn out, a new idle control valve, and not to mention a paint job. But it gets me around :D .

1105---did you say settle for a bike

stangbanger---those HD trucks are super nice and get 20 MPG solid towing or not, i drive my moms a lot.

My daily driver right now is an 84 toyota truck new pait etc. with the 22re engine,(can you say turbo)-between that and 4x4 its a blast