Whats it worth

87_stang

Dec 12, 2005
Tonganoxie, KS
My sisters boyfriend has a 1989 (i believe) Mustang GT, not sure on the miles but the engine has been replaced about 40K miles ago with a completely stock crate engine. Not mods whatso ever except flows and a cold air intake. The car is maroon with red interior. Missing the speaker covers on both door panels but other than that its in really nice shape. They came over the other day when I was out working on my car and he told me he was gonna put it up for sale. I asked him what he wanted and he said he would take $2,500 for it and was hinting towards me taking it off his hands. My sis told my fiance thats why they came by cause he was hoping I would buy it from him. But, beeing the money I'm putting into my car and just bought me an 04' supercap 4x4 F150 and the fiance a little Eclipse I don't need another car (or the room for one!) If I didn't have a boat taking up half the driveway I would have jumped on it. So.... I told him to not take that little $$$$ for it and to advertise it for around $4500 if he were to sell it. I mean this car is in good shape overall. Once it warms up a little I may take a buffer to it for him and really get it shining. When I told him what I thought it was worth especially being stock he says he may just keep ahold of it but if he does sell do you guys think $4500 is about right to start with? I'll get some pics next time I see him.

• Sponsors (?)

if there is no rust and no big issues, I'd pay $4500 in a heartbeat.

I would strongly recommend replacing the speaker grills and giving it a nice coat of wax. depending on the area you live in, start asking $5,000 or $5,500.