whats the difference

keithnra

Apr 30, 2006
i am trying to figure out what the differences are between an 89 LX and GT. Both 5.0 . is the only differnces the side skirts and fr. and rear bumpers and the exhaust. Can I make an LX a GT fairly simple?

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, all you need really is the rear valance, front valance, side skirts, side molding, wing, tail lights, fog lights, with all the wiring and brackets, the interior switch for the fog lights, and tailpipes... Personaly Id do Cobra ground effects, keep the LX tails (lights and pipes), and dont run fog lights, but maybe a ram air down there?

do the LXs have quadshocks? i coulda swore i remember somone telling me they didnt. and that the GTs do, which i know they do but whatev. i mean, it was a while back ago and i was young(er). just throwin it out there.

the main difference is the ground effects or the lack of, lxs have quads(4cly don't), plus you could order a lx with all of the options as a gt my 93lx has air, power, doors locks, windows, lumbar, heated rear glass, moonroof and gt seats(short head rest), and (had) chrome ponies that i am pretty sure were factory

The 89's with the GT seats (large headrest) are called LX Sport, like my screen name. Even though they have the GT interior they don't have a dead pedal, and the little panel below the instrument cluster with the warning lights is not functional. The lens is there, but no lights are behind it.

RsStanG1987 said:
But most of them had the shorter headrest not the ugly Gt one..

The headrests are dictated by the year not the LX or GT. All LXs with the sport interior had the large headrests (1987-1989) and all LXs with the sport interior had the short headrests (1990-1993). Also some seats had the front knee support that was adjustable and some didnt (I believe 1992-1993 didnt). Some LX 5.0s got the 4cyl style seats (top one shown) and all the 4cyls got them, but the ones with sport seats had the same as the GTs.

ALL LX 5.0s had quad shocks.