what's the fastest N/A 2.3 mustang

• Sponsors (?)

I've seen a few guys on TF post some high 17.80's (Yes, faster than Bhuff and Crovax).

If we include other vehicles besides Mustangs then here is what I know of:
77 Fairmont Wagon ~3000lbs: 15.50's in NHRA STOCK class which is the stock bottom end, stock head (no porting), stock cam lift (.400 or less), stock intake manifold, etc. They can do exhaust, header, gears, suspension, slicks, and a few other minor mods.
fford.jpg

70's Pinto: JD Laramee's old car: Low 10's/High 9's all out race car. 14:1 Compression, MAJOR port work, 600+ lift cam, 10,000 rpm, etc.

Stinger

I still havn't figured out why I can't post a great time at the track. I guess my car is too heavy, and the auto sucks up to much power.
I can roll the dyno pretty good though. :shrug:
Hopefully, I can get an AFPR on, lose a little weight, and get the 4.10's in. That will really help my times.

bhuff30 said:
I still havn't figured out why I can't post a great time at the track. I guess my car is too heavy, and the auto sucks up to much power.
I can roll the dyno pretty good though. :shrug:
Hopefully, I can get an AFPR on, lose a little weight, and get the 4.10's in. That will really help my times.

It's the automatic, plain and simple...

since were on the topic of auto vs manuel.. was there a difference in HP with an '88 stang and a '93 stang? cause my '88is a 5spd and my '93 is a auto...i think the '93 was faster, and had high miles, with slipping trans...my '88 dosnt seem to move to quick...at all..its absolutly powerless, kinda car i would do 30's in..

MSM0075 said:
since were on the topic of auto vs manuel.. was there a difference in HP with an '88 stang and a '93 stang? cause my '88is a 5spd and my '93 is a auto...i think the '93 was faster, and had high miles, with slipping trans...my '88 dosnt seem to move to quick...at all..its absolutly powerless, kinda car i would do 30's in..

87-89 : 88hp
90-93: 105hp

Heres my NA mods...

1989 Mustang LX Notchback

Engine:
2.3 bored .030
Wiseco forged dished pistons
Crower rods
High volume oil pump
3 angle valve job
Full Lunati valvetrain
Gasket matched ported head
Ported lower intake manifold w/ 19lb injectors
5.0 Throttle Body
CAI intake with K&N filter
3 row radiator w/ electric fan
MSD 6A ignition
MSD Blaster coil
FMS wires

Suspension:
Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
Gas shocks
Energy Suspension End Links
Energy Suspension Poly Bushing Kit
5.0 front and rear swaybars
BBK Subframe Connectors
BBK Strut Tower Brace

Brakes:
5.0 rotors and calipers
Carbon metallic brake pads
Adjustable proportioning valve

Drivetrain:
T5 swap
SVO Flywheel and pressure plate
Aluminum driveshaft
8.8" Rear end swap
3:73 gears
Pro 5.0 shifter w/ B&M leather knob
Steeda quadrant
Ford clutch cable

Interior:
Rear seat delete

Exterior:
6pc clear headlights
5% limo tint
15" 10 hole rims with 225/60/15 HR Daytona Tires

----------------------

And when I dyno'ed my car the other day I layed down a MEAN 77hp! But then I got down to it and my TPS was waaaaay off. Didnt even go to 4V at WOT... I dunno why its so low... good thing its commin out for a v8. Its probably bulletproof in its NA form right now... but just open up the CC's a little to lower compression since the head was milled after the dished pistons and slap a turbo on it and it would make some great power I'm sure... I just want that mean deep sound and torque of a v8 though... anyways back to the topic. The NA 2.3 is a beast... err pile of crud. If we have more displacement than a honda motor, why in the hell cant we pump out some decent numbers like them? Is it basically all trapped in the head?

Stinger said:
Actually they should be about the same speed if running correctly.

yeah, makes scence..guess the '88 is all screwed up..haven't touched it since i got it haha..i'm actually working out good with the trans grinding problem. so it holds me off for a bit while i save moeny for the rebuild, if i still think its worth it. i hope they do a good job, so i can slap a nice turbo motor in there, along with the nice rebult solid trans...

stangkid87 said:
What is the fastest N/A 2.3 mustang,or the fastest you have seen or heard about?

What kind of speed are you talking about? I'm guessing its drag. Look up silverhorse racing, Marcello canitano's 93' N/A mustang he uses in S.C.C.A racing. He said he can get up to 200hp on N/A trim but becuase of class rules they want let him. Also it wouldn't sound like a 2.3L :)

(I still haven't figured out how to add links to a reply sorry)