What's the loudest Chambered Muffler?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm on my way to pick up my old exhaust (in sig). It's going to be JBA headers, O/R Prochamber, and 1-Chamber Flows. It used to be just the mid and dumps, but now it's going to take it to another level with those headers.

speedfreak98r said:
Is that all the input :SNSign: has? I thought for sure this would benefit others as well.

Well, its pretty straight-forward. You only have so many chambered muffler manufacturers. All the ones I can think of are:

Flowmaster- Loudest is the 10-series single chamber

Spintech- Loudest is the Pro-Street

Hooker- Aerochambers are chambered, hence the name, but they aren't really that loud. They do have a nice sound though.

Magnaflow- They offer a few mufflers that are chambered, but IIRC they are large-case mufflers intended for big-blocks, RVs and such. They aren't going to be loud on a 4.6L. And before some newb comes on here and states something like, "OMG Magnaflow are str8-thru mofo, I have some mad-tyte Magnaflows up under my ride" or "I am master of the intarweb and I've never seen chambered Magnaflows, yo" here is a link:

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopdisplaycategories.asp?zone=main&id=303

Edelbrock SDT- They're chambered, but other than seeing them in Summit's catalog, I don't know much about them. They are a large-case muffler, so I doubt they would be as loud as what you are looking for.

Ravin- I think their Z-33 mufflers were chambered with some sort of wacky Z-shaped baffles. The sound clips I heard sounded OK, but I think they are now defunct.

Turbo Tubes- These are the original chambered mufflers. They were offered as optional equipment on late-60's and early 70's GM muscle cars. They sound sweet and border on obnoxious if you get short ones. And no, they aren't just glasspacks. They have no packing and the "crimps" in the outer body form the chambers.

Here is a sound clip of a Cobra with turbo tubes: http://www.classicchambered.com/sounds/Cobra_Drive_By-PS.wav

Here is where you buy them: http://www.classicchambered.com/

mity2 said:
i don't get the obsession with loudest muffler...
I personally don't like being too loud. Super 40 with O/R H(althought nice sound) too loud fo me...
With my prochamber and Magnaflow was loud enough
agreed, hence the reason I went from LM1's, to LM2's, to Bassani.

Most people who are new to Mustangs want the loudest exhaust as their first mod. (and some people who have been into stangs for a long time stay that way too) I know bc I was one of them. Now, I'd trade good tone and sound over volume anyday.

I have a MAC off road H pipe and MAC exhaust. It's quiet at idle, but sounds very nice when you tromp on it. It gets good and loud. Alot of people that don't know Mustangs real well think I have motor work done to my car when all I really have is that exhaust and some other bolt-on's.

I have Spintech Sportsman splitcase and a Mac O/R H. Sounds deep and loud but not too bad when I keep my foot out of it.

Sets off car alarms everywhere and the neighbors hate me when I leave the house at 5:15am.....:lol: