What's the most practical gear for my car?

I've got a 91 lx with a few mods (see sig.) and it has a AOD tranny and stock 2.73 gears :notnice: which suck tremendously! Everyone has told me to get 3.73 gears or even 4.10's. But I have to drive this car 25-30 minutes one way, everyday to college :bang: . And already with the gears now it runs 1800 rpm @ 75 mph. So i was thinking with 4.10 gas would be horrible plus the exhaust would be so loud it would become annoying even though I love the way it sounds :nonono: . So anyone with experience with this AOD combo or anyone who knows what would happen please help me.

• Sponsors (?)

FOOT2DFLOOR said:
I've got a 91 lx with a few mods (see sig.) and it has a AOD tranny and stock 2.73 gears :notnice: which suck tremendously! Everyone has told me to get 3.73 gears or even 4.10's. But I have to drive this car 25-30 minutes one way, everyday to college :bang: . And already with the gears now it runs 1800 rpm @ 75 mph. So i was thinking with 4.10 gas would be horrible plus the exhaust would be so loud it would become annoying even though I love the way it sounds :nonono: . So anyone with experience with this AOD combo or anyone who knows what would happen please help me.

aod usually need more gear so most people say, get a 4.10, and a 5spd gets the 3.73. But in your case as a daily driver i'd say get a 3.55 gear, adds a little performance and still streetable.