What's The Story With DexCool?

• Sponsors (?)

I have to agree fully with bashing on the dexcool. I run the Dexcool crap in my daily driver s-10, but I recently had to replace the radiator due to a sludge buildup. The truck has only 70k on it, but since I've owned it, its had about 16k miles put on it. I flushed it completely out, meaning I removed the radiator, old hoses and old t-stat and heater core, ran about 30 minutes of water through the system on and off and replaced everything brand new. Needless to say 400 dollars later (and that's with my grandfathers discount on everything at the local automotive shop, nothing like paying only $200 for a $450 retail radiator) and lots of hours of work(mainly replacing the heater core), I can still get pissed off when I think about it. All I can say is the 90 dollars for the replacement heater core probably pissed me off the most. I decided to stay with the aftermarket Havoline dexcrap but it will be changed once a year from now on, oh and that p.o.s. stuff will never make its way into the stang.... sorry for the rant