Roush What's the widest tire that fits on a 18x9 rear?

spederman

Apr 13, 2005
I want to know how wide I can go on the rear. I have the 18x9 saleen rims. Does anybody know whats the widest you can go without affecting performance and handling. I know going too wide of a tire is not always the smartest thing to do especially if the rim isnt wide enough, but i want wider than the 265 35 18 on their now. Thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

Nitto & Falken both say 275/35-18 is the widest recommended for a 9" wheel width. If in doubt, check the website for the tire you prefer - they'll give recommended rim sizes for various tire sizes. ;)

Cool, thanks. I guess i can check on the tire websites, i forgot they list requirements for sizes.

I am going to check with saleen and see if they still sell the 18x10 rears for my 02. I have the white saleen wheels, and it would be sweet if they maybe had them for a good price, that i could upgrade. That way i can go even wider. Anybody priced rims out through saleen?

spederman said:
Cool, thanks. I guess i can check on the tire websites, i forgot they list requirements for sizes.

I am going to check with saleen and see if they still sell the 18x10 rears for my 02. I have the white saleen wheels, and it would be sweet if they maybe had them for a good price, that i could upgrade. That way i can go even wider. Anybody priced rims out through saleen?

I'd check eBay bro. You can get white 18x10's that will be the same style/offset, etc as the ones from Saleen at a fraction of the price. Also, the Saleen center caps will fit. If Saleen does have them, you'll pay through the nose...

spederman said:

I'd check eBay bro. You can get white 18x10's that will be the same style/offset, etc as the ones from Saleen at a fraction of the price. Also, the Saleen center caps will fit. If Saleen does have them, you'll pay through the nose...

Saleen Mike,

Thanks. I just figured that out. I called Saleen and thats exactly what they told me. The silver 18x10 rims are $400 each. OUCH! That's not worth it to upgrade for just 1 inch wider rims.

Sal07b,

I would look at replicas, but then i think it would bother me too much to have 2 non OEM rims when everything else is OEM.

ok, i've got the 18x9 Saleen rear wheels myself. i've been running 295/35/18's for a long time with no problems. you may need to roll the fenders just a tad more to prevent rubbing. Yokohama AVS tires....best i've had. don't know anyone with them that dosen't love them. they hang just the right amount to give it a meaty look.

Probable,

Nice, I like that look a LOT. That is the perfect amount of meat. Right to the edge of the fender. I'll definately have to look into those tires when i am ready for new ones.