• magnaflow

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • mac

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • other

Votes: 6 9.2%

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

It really depends on what sound you're going for since they all sound different.

I like the Flowmaster Delta Flow thats on my LX, but I wanted my car to be relatively quiet too.

Thanks for all the reply's, keep em commin.

Are the delta flows quite, which ones got the most thump, but don't like it raspy just loud. If that makes sense. How about super 44's? anybody with them?

Thanks for all the reply's, keep em commin.

Are the delta flows quite, which ones got the most thump, but don't like it raspy just loud. If that makes sense. How about super 44's? anybody with them?

Yes, the Delta Flow line is quieter than a"regular" Flowmaster, and doesnt have the resonance issue either. Cruising, my car is fairly quiet...but when you stomp on it it makes a decent amount of noice (but still quieter than most).

It would be easier to understand if i had video, but I dont have anything where you can really hear my car. This is one i have posted http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=727963

Delta Flow Technology in detail..
http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/flow_technologies.html

My car has had the same set of MAC Flowpaths on it for 10 years now along with some new BBK equal shorties and O/R H. I absolutely love the sound.

20 years, 2.5 off road, 40 series Flowmaster makes the 5.0 sound. My son was 3 when we were driving up the road in my DD, I saw a 5.0 in the mirror, and heard the sound. He couldn't see, but he looked at me and said " Thats a Mustang!" ... Yes, buddy, that is. Moved to tears(sob).

Thats a wicked story.
Thanks for some of those sound clips everyone. going to hunt down some more.

IMO I love my Spintech Prostreets, have 1 5/8 shorty headers 2 1/2 off road h and the spintechs to dumps, had flowmaster 40's on it before the prostreets and they are not in the same class.......i do set of car alarms but get alot of comments from people.....the thing about the prostreets i love is that you can really hear the cam with them....not my car but a buddy of mine.......the prostreets get louder the more mods you do.......his is H/C/I with a vortec.....LT and 2 1/2 off road H.......
View attachment 331459

the macs are creepin up on the poll. I thought alot of people would lead towards basanni. Mabe it's suited more for the 05's and up. I dont think i ever heard one on the streeet before.

i am supprised that no one has suggested dynomax race bullets....unless i over looked the thread. at $40 a muffler its hard to beat and the sound way better than any other ones......just my $.02
someone has to have a clip of the race bullets