What's your inventory like?

351CJ

Dec 11, 2002
Decided to check on line Mustang inventory at Ford dealers in my area (beautiful New England where it's been 50 degrees the past couple days).

I found 150 Mustangs listed in inventory.
133 V6s
17 GTs - Only 2 have manual trannines.

In addition there are 4 more dealers that do not list their inventory on line, so I'd guess there are actually at least 170 Mustangs available ( 150 V6 & 20 GT ).

This is a huge inventory increase from when I did the same check November. At that time I found only about 60 Mustangs listed.

Looks like the dealers now have more V6s than they know what to do with. The big problem is still manual trannie GTs.

• Sponsors (?)

if you're looking to get into a new gt, and you don't wanna settle try lookin down south. i'm from ct and got fed up with dealers in state, and found my exact car waiting for me in georgia. i flew down and drove it back inside of a weekend, with plenty of time left over for gawking!

There is a 06 GT coupe sitting at the dealership where I live. Its on the lot. Every GT they have had has been on the showroom floor until it sells. I think I will stop by and check it out.

Goooooo south young man lol
Even if ford have a few stang Gts in the northern areas they are going to want top dollar....Yea can get a Stang witha V6 at any dealer at Invoice...Lets not count V6s because every dealer has a few of them....JT

My local dealer closest to me (Stephen's Auto in Danville WV) has a Redfire 06 GT Premium auto with Shaker 1000 that they will sell for Invoice. They also have a used White 05 GT stick that is loaded (red leather IUP, Shaker 1000, etc).

Yep in WV and abit more south you can find a few ford dealers that will sell yea a GT at close to Invoice...Thats the way i would gooooo.
But once you get close to MD and Philly and more north you will be paying sticker or more...JT

D.Hearne said:
The big dealers down here have both GT's and V6 cars piling up like cordwood. Hub City in Lafayette La. has at least a dozen GT's, Two GT40's, and a couple Saleens ( all collecting dust)

I am sure in your part the stang Gts are piling up and most people should take a weekend trip and buy one....I am sure that they have what most want.....
What did the hurricane do to sales?Are there people around you able to buy cars?
Its a shame what happened..............JT

Gangwar said:
I am sure in your part the stang Gts are piling up and most people should take a weekend trip and buy one....I am sure that they have what most want.....
What did the hurricane do to sales?Are there people around you able to buy cars?
Its a shame what happened..............JT
Sales? Katrina alone, trashed someting like 300,000 vehicles.:D Most of which will have been or will be replaced. And every dealer down here had some kind of Hurricane relief special in addition to other deals ( just not on Mustangs:nono: ) Anyone who wants to buy a car, can buy one. I suspect those that needed to already have though, not only are Stangs piling up here, but everything else is also. Yea, it's a shame what happened, but they were talking about the "big one" for years before, and it finally happened. New Orleans has only had 20% of it's population move back so far, I doubt they'll ever get the other 80% to move back ever. Most are better off whereever thay ended up. And please don't forget that there was a "certain segment" of society that lived down there that had been living off the rest of the population for decades, these people would not work for a living if they had too. They will always "need":rolleyes: help, or as they call it, "hurricane relief" :bs:

Gangwar said:
Yep in WV and abit more south you can find a few ford dealers that will sell yea a GT at close to Invoice...Thats the way i would gooooo.
But once you get close to MD and Philly and more north you will be paying sticker or more...JT

True, they marked V6s up by $3,000 in VA, and were so bold that they PLACED IT ON THE WINDOW: "LOCALITY ADJUSTMENT" is what they called it. They were right, I adjusted my locality and went up the road and found the only place in NVA that had them for below MSRP.

The GTs were about $5K over MSRP in this area back in August.

BTW, I read that only 30% of GTs and 10% of V6s come with manual. Can't remember where exactly. I think it was in the dealer's order guide under sales mix. Not sure. But it might explain the shortage of MTs.

Excepcion13 said:
True, they marked V6s up by $3,000 in VA, and were so bold that they PLACED IT ON THE WINDOW: "LOCALITY ADJUSTMENT" is what they called it. They were right, I adjusted my locality and went up the road and found the only place in NVA that had them for below MSRP.

The GTs were about $5K over MSRP in this area back in August.

BTW, I read that only 30% of GTs and 10% of V6s come with manual. Can't remember where exactly. I think it was in the dealer's order guide under sales mix. Not sure. But it might explain the shortage of MTs.

The November OG does not have % for manual trannies. It tells the dealer to check their regional web site for recommended local order mix.

Your 30% # sounds low as historically (2004 and before) >50% of Mustang GTs were sold with manual trannies.

I have heard that Ford cannot get enough T3650 trannies from Tremec which why manual GTs are still in short supply in some areas.

The 10% # for V6 manuals sounds about right as historically manual V6s have been a low percentage of Mustang sales.

D.Hearne said:
Sales? Katrina alone, trashed someting like 300,000 vehicles.:D Most of which will have been or will be replaced. And every dealer down here had some kind of Hurricane relief special in addition to other deals ( just not on Mustangs:nono: ) Anyone who wants to buy a car, can buy one. I suspect those that needed to already have though, not only are Stangs piling up here, but everything else is also. Yea, it's a shame what happened, but they were talking about the "big one" for years before, and it finally happened. New Orleans has only had 20% of it's population move back so far, I doubt they'll ever get the other 80% to move back ever. Most are better off whereever thay ended up. And please don't forget that there was a "certain segment" of society that lived down there that had been living off the rest of the population for decades, these people would not work for a living if they had too. They will always "need":rolleyes: help, or as they call it, "hurricane relief" :bs:

Dammmm I should buy some vacant land down there,Prices will go up since the poor cannot build again..JT

I checked the local car swap & sell publication's web site.
They have 79 - 05-06 Mustangs listed for sale.
77 of the listings are from dealers and most of them are for new 06 Stangs.

Most of the listings are for V6s with a lot of them showing discounted prices on V6s.

20 of the 79 lisings are GTs.

One dealers is asking $30K for a 2005 GT with 8600 miles while another wants $30K for an 05 GT with 13K miles. :rlaugh: