whats your take on a saleen series supercharger???

WRXracer said:
wow I put down 200 hp at 3000 rpms then.. thats more power then a S2000 puts down at 9000 rpms..
dude, i have 150 hp at 3k, the blower is the weak.

not to mention your quote is wrong in the sense of what you are saying, all HP is, is a measure of torque dude, how often do you go below 4000 rpms in a race? i hit 3900 for a fraction of a second. then its over, with a blower esp. a centri, if is under full boost at that speed and produces more HP with less heat exchange.

• Sponsors (?)

mattch2 said:
okay yeah im lost now...lol.... is a saleen type blower a waste of money then????lol

Reread my first posting.

The Saleen kit is very nice. If you're looking for big horsepower, well this lower intake manifold will be an issue as it wont flow more than 140-150-cfm.

The Saleen manifold flow is restricted by the narrow vertical runners that take the air up from the bottom of the manifold to the 180 degree turn at the top.

If you're OK with 300-330RWHP and want a nice sound kit, then it is not a waste of money. If your end goal is well in excess of 400-rwhp then you might want to look else where.

There is a member at Corral that has acid ported his Saleen intake manifold, and will be doing a bench flow test on Saturday and posting his numbers shortly thereafter. If the flow numbers increase substantially (the stock plastic manifold flows about 280-cfm) then this kit has additional potential that may be worth tapping.

Hop