Wheel cylinder?

izzy jr

Jul 18, 2005
Abilene,TX
Are the wheel cylinders for the front different in the way they are made? All the part stores list each side individually and both have the same bolt pattern. If you were to swap the driver side to the passenger side would it cause any problems?
I'm trying to sort out my brake sys problems, although it seems my mastercylinder is junk!:shrug: :bang:

***edit***
car is a 66GT, 68 302 with 70 351w heads, 3spd c4 auto, dual exhaust, man steering/brakes- drums on all four corners still.

Thanks izzy jr(james)

• Sponsors (?)

Dont buy wheel cylinders from the local parts stores like advance or pepboys as they want way to much for them and todays counter person doesnt have a clue on what it is or how to look it up, ok I got that out.
Go to a mustang parts store as there only $20.00 and get some one person bleeders, they work GREAT!

Tom B,
Around here all the parts stores are only charging $10 ea for the wheel cylinders. I didn't think that was to much but was wondering why each side was a different part#, and had different size bleeder screws.

Thanks for all the help and info cause my poor pony's been parked way too long and I'm anxious to get it back out on the road.