wheel gurus. i have a question...

cenok is family

15 Year Member
Jun 25, 2003
Norman, Ok
i know there's been a a crap ton of these, but i've searched the forums and looked in the backspacing/offset sticky and can't find any info. i'm looking into getting some deep dish saleen sc wheels for my car, 17x10's for the rear. i know a little about backspacing and offset, but i don't know any numbers for any wheels that'll fit these cars. i don't even know what the factory offset/backspacing is on ponies, 10 holes and whatnot. so does anyone know if a 17x10 with a +25mm offset and a 6.45 backspacing will fit these cars? i know i'll probably have to remove my quads which is fine. thanks a ton for any info!

• Sponsors (?)

i know there's been a a crap ton of these, but i've searched the forums and looked in the backspacing/offset sticky and can't find any info. i'm looking into getting some deep dish saleen sc wheels for my car, 17x10's for the rear. i know a little about backspacing and offset, but i don't know any numbers for any wheels that'll fit these cars. i don't even know what the factory offset/backspacing is on ponies, 10 holes and whatnot. so does anyone know if a 17x10 with a +25mm offset and a 6.45 backspacing will fit these cars? i know i'll probably have to remove my quads which is fine. thanks a ton for any info!

Those will fit. You will have to flip or remove the quad shocks. ARe you 4 lug or 5 lug? If 5 lug, what type of 5 lug swap did you install on the car? They won't work with 94-98 axles, because they will push the wheels past the quarters lip. You need stock fox length axles, such as Moser, or Ranger 5 lug axles. A would stick with a 275-285 tire too. 315's are a little wide and actually useless on a slightly modded fox. 275-285 is plenty of tire.

The higher the positive offset number, the further inward the wheel will sit, creating more backspacing and more interference problems.

How about the front? What do you want to run up front and again, what's the suspension set up?

haha thanks for the replies guys. i have factory 4 lug suspension, short of uca/lca's, tokico shocks and struts and the car is lowered about 1.5 front and a bit over 1" in the rear. i only planned on running a 275/40 tire in the rear and 17x8's with 235/45's up front. i'm sure the fronts will be fine with maybe a bit of rubbing at full lock.