Roush Wheel Offset Question?

sal07b

Mar 18, 2004
Springboro Ohio
I've about given up on getting a 10" set of Magnesiums and have decided to go aftermarket (I'll of course keep the magnesiums I have). I've found a set I think will look really good, but need the correct offset to have them made. The rear wheels will be 18x9.5 and the fronts will be 18x8.5. What offset do I need to order them with? It looks like they both have a +35mm offset right now. When I called the shop, they said they can order them in any offset I want. I want the wheels to the edge of the fenders, but not past (don't want to look ghetto...) Any help would be greatly appreciated...

• Sponsors (?)

sal07b said:
I've about given up on getting a 10" set of Magnesiums and have decided to go aftermarket (I'll of course keep the magnesiums I have). I've found a set I think will look really good, but need the correct offset to have them made. The rear wheels will be 18x9.5 and the fronts will be 18x8.5. What offset do I need to order them with? It looks like they both have a +35mm offset right now. When I called the shop, they said they can order them in any offset I want. I want the wheels to the edge of the fenders, but not past (don't want to look ghetto...) Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Here are the offset for the Speedline Magnesium wheels:
18" x 8.5" Front = 35mm
18" x 8.5" Rear = 10mm
18" x 10" Rear = 25mm
The only difference for the Saleen Alloy wheels is the front:
18" x 8.5" Front = 30mm
18" x 8.5" Rear =10mm
18" x 10" Rear = 25mm
I'm not sure what the 99-04 front offset is for the 18" x 9".

Wish I had an answer for you. I can empathize though, as I am going through similar offset issues with our G35 right now.

Though I don’t know specifics about Mustang wheels, I would expect since you are going with staggered wheels, the offsets should be different. Your car came from the “first” factory with equal size tires, front and rear. It makes sense in that case to have equal offsets to allow tire rotation and to have the tires sitting in the same distance from the fender lips.

Have you asked about this in the 4.6L tech forum?

I think a 20mm offset in the front might push the rim out a little too far. I would hate for you to get tires mounted and installed only to rub in the front like crazy when you make a hard turn. I agree with Dennis, get the same offset as the alloy or mag wheels (staggered) as we know they won't rub :nice:

Sal,

If this guy sells enough wheels, he should be able to send you pictures showing the exact fitment from front and rear up and down the car, even if the mustang does not have the same model wheel he should be able to provide some pictures of the same fitment nonetheless.

like this.

Yea marcus, you would think he would provide pictures. Don't think I didn't ask. He said he has put them on "many-o-mustang" but oddly enough doesn't have any pictures. Makes no sense to me. If I were trying to sell them, I'd take pictures of "nice" Mustangs w/ the wheels on it. Oh well, I just need to make sure I do "due dilligence" before I tell him what size to make for me. I think they'll look excellent on the car. They have a good sized polished lip with "black chrome" centers, which will match the silver stripes well. I'm not really into the "bright chrome" thing for the whole wheel. To much "bling". They are more or less HRE knock-off's. I'd love to buy a set of HRE's, but don't want to spend 4-6K on wheels. I think I posted the link to them above...