• "other"

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

Darkwriter77

Resident Ranting Negative Nancy
5 Year Member
Jul 1, 2005
Apache Junction, AZ
All right, I suck at making decisions. I definitely need proper-sized tires on the Black Pearl, and I'm kinda bored with the 10-holes being on teh Notch. Sooooo, I can either:

1. Buy a set of Ponies and throw those on the Notch ('89) and put the 10-holes on the Black Pearl ('84);
2. Buy some tires for the turbine rims on the Black Pearl and switch those for the 10-holes on the Notch;
3. Buy some tires for the turbines and just leave 'em both the way they are;
4. Buy Ponies for the Black Pearl and leave the 10-holes on the Notch (keep the turbines for spares?)
5. "other"

What y'all tink? :shrug:

Both cars as they currently sit:

View attachment 264624

View attachment 264625

And teh Notch back when it had Ponies for a little while:

View attachment 264626

• Sponsors (?)

Ide go ponys on the Notch and the 10 holes on Black Pearl. If you wanna put some decent wider tires on the Notch Ponys would be better than 10 holes bein wider wheels. I like the look of the black 10 holes better than the turbines so they would look slick on the Pearl.
Matt

I voted other because I love the look of the black Ten-holes on Teh Notch and Turbines on Teh Black Pearl but, wider tires woulds be nice and that would require the Ponies. hmmmmm :scratch:

The Ponies take away from the "Mad Max" look of Teh Notch.

I'm just as indecisive as you are, Dave. :lol: :(

I voted other because I love the look of the black Ten-holes on Teh Notch and Turbines on Teh Black Pearl but, wider tires woulds be nice and that would require the Ponies. hmmmmm :scratch:

The Ponies take away from the "Mad Max" look of Teh Notch.

I'm just as indecisive as you are, Dave. :lol: :(

i always thought the ten holes and ponys were both 7 inch wide wheels (i know the phone dials are 15's and ponys are 16's)

either way, i vote other. i think the mesh-type wheels always looked best on the four-eyes, especially with a polished lip.

whatever you do, get the turbines off ASAP!

edit :doh: the ponys are 8 wide arent they? why the hell could i not remember that for 5 minutes?

i always thought the ten holes and ponys were both 7 inch wide wheels (i know the phone dials are 15's and ponys are 16's)

either way, i vote other. i think the mesh-type wheels always looked best on the four-eyes, especially with a polished lip.

edit :doh: the ponys are 8 wide arent they? why the hell could i not remember that for 5 minutes?

Ten holes are 7.5 and ponies are 8

I say put the ponies on the notch and I dunno about the pearl

What's wrong with the Turbines? :scratch:

Personally I have never liked turbines except on the GT cars with ground effects. For some reason they stand out too much on the older GTs and the LX...

I'd 10 hole that Pearl and Pony the notch. Notches on ponies are teh poo poo

Last I measured, Ponies and 10-holes and turbines are all 7-inch width wheels. Even if I was off a bit on the Ponies, the widest I'd say they are is 7.5". They're not 16"x8" rims like on, say, third-gen F-Body cars ('85+ IROC, Z/28, Trans Am, or Formula rims). Kinda sucks, but oh well ... the narrower wheel well openings on four-eyes and pre-'90 cars means you can only put so wide of a tire on the front wheels, anyhow. :shrug:

I like the looks of the turbine rims, actually, but I really loves me some Ponies, and I'm kinda attached to those 10-holes as well because they're kinda-sorta unique the way I painted 'em. (Most folks I've seen with painted 10-holes go all black with the center cap bare, like the SSP notches, or they paint the cap black, too.) Bah ... decisions, decisions...

Option 4 Buy ponies and put them on the pearl. 4-eyes on ponies look sexay. turbines should not remain on anything unless it is a car that is to purposely look stock, low mileage originals or otherwise unmolested cars. Barf on turbines, in general.

once you get the ponies you then have the option to mix and match amongst cars and wheels. You can even swap out the old school aluminum joints on teh caprizzle

Do a 5 lug on the notch :nice:

Sure. Gimmie the money and I'll get right on that. :D

Wound up getting the Ponies. It was too good a deal to pass up, really: set of four Ponies, no dings or serious curb rash, and the tires are almost brand-spankin'-new - 2 of 'em are BFG Traction T/A's :nice: ... for only $200. The tires, alone, were worth more than I paid for everything, so I'm a happy dog. :banana:

Looks like I'll be putting the Ponies on teh Notch and the 10-holes on the Black Pearl. I'm gonna hang onto the turbines. Since the tires on there are a bit shorter and narrower than stock, I'm gonna see if it'll reasonably fit in my spare tire well and, if so, I'll rock 2 of those for full-size spares (I HATE space-saver spares) and keep the other two handy for whenever I become incredibly wealthy and can afford either a set of drag radials or at least throw on a pair of really wide and meaty street radials (like 255/60/R15's or something).

I'll throw 'em on both cars tomorrow and post pics. :nice:

Option 4 Buy ponies and put them on the pearl. 4-eyes on ponies look sexay. turbines should not remain on anything unless it is a car that is to purposely look stock, low mileage originals or otherwise unmolested cars. Barf on turbines, in general.

once you get the ponies you then have the option to mix and match amongst cars and wheels. You can even swap out the old school aluminum joints on teh caprizzle

Ummm, engrish, please? :lol:

Are you referring to my switching my Capri's Prime rims? :scratch: If so, ummm, hellz to tha nizzle on that, yo... :notnice:

Sure. Gimmie the money and I'll get right on that. :D

Wound up getting the Ponies. It was too good a deal to pass up, really: set of four Ponies, no dings or serious curb rash, and the tires are almost brand-spankin'-new - 2 of 'em are BFG Traction T/A's :nice: ... for only $200. The tires, alone, were worth more than I paid for everything, so I'm a happy dog. :banana:

Looks like I'll be putting the Ponies on teh Notch and the 10-holes on the Black Pearl. I'm gonna hang onto the turbines. Since the tires on there are a bit shorter and narrower than stock, I'm gonna see if it'll reasonably fit in my spare tire well and, if so, I'll rock 2 of those for full-size spares (I HATE space-saver spares) and keep the other two handy for whenever I become incredibly wealthy and can afford either a set of drag radials or at least throw on a pair of really wide and meaty street radials (like 255/60/R15's or something).

I'll throw 'em on both cars tomorrow and post pics. :nice:

... maaaaaybe one for Teh Caprizzle?

Oh, dammit!! Thanks alot, QUICK91LX! :fuss: :lol: