Wheels: OEM or Replicas?

ArkansasMystic

Feb 16, 2007
I'm about to get some new wheels, leaning towards Chrome 03 Cobras. I've found a set of OEM's at a decent price, but I've also found some good deals on new Replica wheels online. Are the OEM 03 Cobra wheels all 17x9? Is one better than the other? I know with Saleens people are saying the chrome is known to flake off of the OEM, but the Replicas seem to be better quality. Thanks for any suggestions.

• Sponsors (?)

I've got a set of OEM 03 Chromes (actually, from a 2004), and can't tell any difference between them and the 03 Cobra Replicas that we stock.

For a while, Saleen was having quality control issues on the SN-95's where the cheaper knockoffs were better fitting body kits and almost a higher quality, but I think that's been through for a while.

I just bought a set exactly like you are looking for, got the for $600 including tires, which not much tread left on them but enough to make through the winter I hope. I have heard horror stories about the chrome on replicas turning a tarnish or black color.