Wheels!!

Hey Caldwell - how's the seats/lightbar going??

I just got quoted at 879 shipped on 4 18X9 MB's (above in pic) with 20mm offset - I can get 35mm or another offset? Which offset is right? Place is the wheel exhange, guy seems pretty solid - we'll see what I do though!

• Sponsors (?)

FR-500 Fronts 18x9 (265 35 18) Rears 18x10 (295 35 18)

771674_100_full.jpg

771674_104_full.jpg

TripleBlack95 said:
Hey Caldwell - how's the seats/lightbar going??

I just got quoted at 879 shipped on 4 18X9 MB's (above in pic) with 20mm offset - I can get 35mm or another offset? Which offset is right? Place is the wheel exhange, guy seems pretty solid - we'll see what I do though!

slowly comin along dude, thanks for askin! :nice:
lightbar tomorrow

the seats I HOPE by the end of august. I need some OT though, so they are on the pending list, but definitely gettin the light bar tomorrow

Happy Dance

:banana:

879 is pretty solid man,
for which set of rims though?

Alright I've been researching, searching through posts etc. etc.

I'm still confused as hell.

I know I'm getting the 18X9's in the right bolt pattern (5 X 114)

However the offsets are available in 20mm, 35mm, and 40mm - and the more I read up on offset the more it pisses me off because I didn't think buying wheels would be this much of a hassle.

Right now I've got stock tribars, 17 X 8, dont know the offset or backspacing.

Should I just get the 20mm offset and get wheel spacers later if neccesary? I'm getting to the point where I'm just going to buy the damn things and if they fit right then so be it. Damn, and I haven't even decided on tire sizes or brands...

TripleBlack95 said:
Alright I've been researching, searching through posts etc. etc.

I'm still confused as hell.

I know I'm getting the 18X9's in the right bolt pattern (5 X 114)

However the offsets are available in 20mm, 35mm, and 40mm - and the more I read up on offset the more it pisses me off because I didn't think buying wheels would be this much of a hassle.

Right now I've got stock tribars, 17 X 8, dont know the offset or backspacing.

Should I just get the 20mm offset and get wheel spacers later if neccesary? I'm getting to the point where I'm just going to buy the damn things and if they fit right then so be it. Damn, and I haven't even decided on tire sizes or brands...
http://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html#backspace

when i was trying to figure this stuff out, i learned that the stock rim is 8" wide with an offset of 24mm, which puts the backspace at 14.06mm. the lip is 1.5cm.

i worked up a spreadsheet to help me figure out the options. i'm pretty sure i got the calculations right, lol

my fr500s (18x9) have the same offset (24mm), which puts the backspace at 15.33mm. this means that the my rim is still centered at the same place, and it goes out .5" further and in .5" further.

with an offset of 20mm, a 9" rim will go out .66", and in .33". an offset of 35mm should make it go out .07" and in .93".

i'd go with the 20mm offset. that would bring the outside edge of the tire out .66", which would make it more flush with the fender, giving it a more agressive look.

i hope that helps.

Thanks BlackVert,

Def. helped A TON. Ironically the wheels I just checked on that are in stock at 18X9 all around and 20mm offset. I'm pretty sure I'm picking them up - 900 is way too good of a deal - ironically too I just found out the company is going bankrupt so these are going to be the last of the wheels - is it me or is every tight wheel design sooner or later out of business or discontinued? haha.

Thanks again man, I'll post pics up once they're on, should be a few weeks.