When do the repairs end???

when i first saw this thread i was gonna comment that you got all those repairs for real cheap. i held back until i saw Mike's posts. my dealer is $110 a flat rate hour for CP jobs. the prices you showed would barely cover parts let alone labor at my work using all OEM or Motorcraft parts. btw Motorcraft does not always equal OEM, especially on brake parts.

when i had the dealer to my Intake Manifold and heter core on my 98 GT is was around $2500 with them giving me employee pricing on parts and labor (it happened during the span when i worked other places).

• Sponsors (?)

Just be glad these cars are "relatively" cheap to repair. Us Mustang guys don't know how lucky we have it when it comes to pricing and ease of fixing our cars.

Anyways here's what I've fixed so far:
-clutch ($500)
-new radiator and flush ($400)
-all four rotors ($375)
-leaky rear end ($100)
-heater core ($350)
-battery ($150)
-alignment (FREE)
-all four tires ($500)

Let me give you some prices for what some of that would have cost for me in an STi. These are parts only!

Front Rotors $402 each
Rear Rotors $376 each
Clutch $446
Heater Core $254

Here are some other regular maintenance things

A single rear axle $462
Front brake pads $300
Rear brake pads $235
A single wheel $826

Yeah that basically goes on and on for everything. Hope you feel better :)

9 out of 10 non car enthusiasts (point A to point B people) never even
open the hood of thier car to check fluids and filters. They ignore all
symtoms such as squeaks,leaks,or smoke until the car absoulutly comes
to a stop or parts fall on the ground, sad but true.These are the used cars
that you dont want to buy as you will have a lot of catching up to do.

9 out of 10 non car enthusiasts (point A to point B people) never even
open the hood of thier car to check fluids and filters. They ignore all
symtoms such as squeaks,leaks,or smoke until the car absoulutly comes
to a stop or parts fall on the ground, sad but true.These are the used cars
that you dont want to buy as you will have a lot of catching up to do.

This seems like the perfect description of the previous owners. LOL

And as far as my repair costs I have definately been thankful for the low costs compared to what it could have been. I was tired of getting crappy expensive a$$ quotes from places so I put an ad on Craigslist and had the mechanics contact me. The guy I ended up choosing has years and years of experience, he just opened up his own shop and to get some business in the door, he gave me a really good quote for my heater core and he guaranteed all of his work in writing. I've been taking it every since and haven't had any issues. When I went to get my brakes looked at I went to another shop b/c I was too far from my new guy and they quoted me $90 per rotor (they all needed to be replaced, the front ones were severely warped and the rears were worn down badly) And the labor was about $450 on top of that. I said nevermind, filled up the tank, and drove all the way to my mechanic and he did it for way less and even noticed a problem the other shop missed when they were looking at my car.

Next on my list is a full tune up and new exhaust. I'll post an exhaust clip soon....