Engine Where are ALL the Ground wires to the battery and ecu. Where is the fuel pump relay located

Jason B 1973

Apr 27, 2024
Illinois
Hello. New to the group. My 1993 Fox was in storage all winter ( 3-4 months). I periodically went and started it up on 45’ days and let it run for about 20 minutes. Now spring is here and when I went to start it, it cranked for a bit longer, started and then died. Started up a second time and then died right away. What could be the cause? Where is the fuel pump relay located at as well as the battery ground and engine ground? Please respond quickly with EITHER pictures or a Video if possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sponsors (?)

I deleted the email address, the responses you get will be here in this thread.
I would get a fuel pressure gauge and monitor fuel pressure before start up, when running and when it shuts down.
You may just need to change the fuel filter.

Check for codes?
Fuel pump relay is in front of the passenger shock tower. There are two relays, one is the fuel pump relay and the other is the AC relay.
ECU could have :poo: the bed (caps, power supply, etc). Does the fuel pump prime when you turn the key to run?

Check for codes?
Fuel pump relay is in front of the passenger shock tower. There are two relays, one is the fuel pump relay and the other is the AC relay.
ECU could have :poo: the bed (caps, power supply, etc). Does the fuel pump prime when you turn the key to run?Yes it does. Do you kno where the ground wire is located for the battery? As well as the engine ground? ANY help is greatly appreciated

1714616015195.jpeg