Where can I hide a small gun in my 04 GT?

Anyone figure out secret hiding places for a small gun in a 99-04? I'd like to stash a small gun about the size of an open hand (6 inches long and about 5 inches tall and about 1.5 inches wide). The glove box is too obvious and the trunk is not accessible in a pinch. I'm in Texas and I have a concealed handgun license. Nothing illegal here. I just want to know if anyone has figured out a place to store one.

• Sponsors (?)

Your best bet is to install a lock box in your stang. If you don't carry a lot of back seat passengers you can BOLT it to the floor behind the passenger seat. Just make sure that the bolts come up through the floor with the nuts inside the lock box

TangerineGT96 said:
you should jsut get a concealed permit and you wouldnt have to hide it. i have mine and i carry a 9 mil XD

That a Springfield XD you got? I have the Springfield XD40....nice gun, somewhat compact but big enough to put a hole in someone.

Are you wanting it for concealed storage. ie going in somewhere you can't carry? Or somewhere easy to access?
between the seat and console has always worked well for me.
In the center console. ( Only thing I miss about the Tahoe the Uzi fit in there like a glove)
IF more secured is the idea. mount a lock box to the back side of the passenger side rear seat. Reach back pull it down from drivers seat put gun in fold back up.

In SC it is legal to have a gun in your glove box, center console, or trunk, if you do not have your CWP. If you do have your CWP, you can have it on your side or whatever but yes it must be concealed. Other things to keep in mind are how different states' police handle the situation when pulled over. For instance here in South Carolina they want it to stay where it is (glove box, etc) but in other states, police want you to put it on the dashboard when pulled ...

I have my CWP and keep whatever handgun I have with me in my center console then carry it if I park somewhere shady. A lockbox is an option or if you are looking for a cheaper way, I can PM you and tell you my cheaper/more ghetto but secure way to keep a gun stored in your glove box ...

DocG2828 said:
That a Springfield XD you got? I have the Springfield XD40....nice gun, somewhat compact but big enough to put a hole in someone.

XD fans, nice. I have the XD 9mm in stainless. I love it. But i want to get a Glock also, one that i can carry with my CHL. The XD is a little big for that.

Propeller- I would say for ease of access, rig up some kind of cut out/compartment in the plastic by your knees. It would be some work, but if you can handle a project like that, it would turn out nice.