Where to buy catback with no mufflers??? Just want tubing

wms004

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2002
Los Angeles
I'd like an all stainless system 2.5 mandrel bent with 3.5" tips. I'm considering switching to Bassani SS mufflers, but I don't want to pay 6-700 for their catback. I can get a pair of their mufflers for $189.

Any help would be appreciated.

WAde

• Sponsors (?)

This is pretty damn close to straight tubes:

bor_cat-back_ford_mustang_new-stinger.jpg

STNG_96 said:
Just look around in your area for a good shop. I know of more than one shop in my area that does custom mandrel bending work.

+1 Just have a shop custom build it. However, sometimes it actually ends up being more expensive to go the custom route. After materials and labor the price can get up there, especially using stainless pipe.

Also, the shop will just make it fit. All the aftermarket companies spend tons of time and money researching flow data and fine tuning every turn and bend. You may be able to save $100 or so but whats the difference between $500 and $600?

I was considering the same thing when choosing my exhaust. I have a friend of a friend who owns and exhaust shop and he told me it would be $300 for parts and labor NOT including the mufflers (and thats the "hook up" price). Then he went into the back and dragged out a brand new Magnaflow CB which he sold to me for $450....made my desicion REAL easy.