which block for low 11's or close

txgunrunner

Apr 29, 2005
houston, tx
i plan on building a better motor to run low 11's but dont know whether to rebuild my stock engine w a stroker kit or buy a better block and what cubic inch. i'll be running a t/f hci set up and eventually a s/c. can a well built stock block handle the power to run low 11's with out blowing up down the line or will i need something like a dart block. one more question. if i go with the stock stroker, will a little spray prove fatal. i seriously doubt i'll spray but ive been known to do dumber things. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

A good DART, A4, R302, and world products Blocks will work. Again Machineing for the R is around 1k but its cheaper. The dart is the way to go usually machineing for the block is around 350-400 ( i dunno about the World block, and the A4 is not made anymore but you can find them). But if 11's is all you want and you want to concerve money i would go with a stroked 351 of some sort. Just my .02

I ran a stock block for 4 years in the mid/then low 11s with a supercharger at 121mph till one day it just gave up.now in that 4 years I ran the piss out of it on the street and at the track.Now that I am doing it again it has a R-block.its all up to the cash you got to spend at the time. but like said above a 351 could be another way to go also.