Which blower for a 04 GT

RAGE

Apr 25, 2004
I posted this in the FI forum but noone has viewed it yet. So since this place seems to have more action and there are other FI questions in here I thought it would be okay to ask here too.

A friend of mine just bought a 04 GT and wants to take the same path as I did on my LS1 TA. He was asking me what SC I recommended that would give the best bang for his buck. I told him I prefer Vortech but that I thought Kenne Bell was the premier SC for the Stang. He does not want the most expensive SC just a good quality one, complete kit, and good daily driveability. In his words if one unit runs 3 grand and gives 100 RWHP but another gives 160 rwhp but cost 5-6 grand he will go for the 3 grand one.

Here is my questions:

1. I have the Vortech G-trim (baby SC) with aftercooler. I have stock bottom end, longtube headers, OYP, custom made pulley for the SC, my own custom tuneing, 10#'s and I get 629RWHP and 583RWTQ. I drive the car almost everyday (weather permitting), great driveability, and still get 20-23 MPG on the highway. What kind of boost can the stock bottom end on the GT handle and what kind of power gains are people seeing with the different kits avaliable.

2. On the TA Vortech kits come complete (injectors, external fuel booster, tuneing, etc.)there is nothing else you need and once bolted on average RWHP is 390-420 RWHP. On the ATI kits to make any real power you have to get a Tuner kit that you have to make your own fuel system and tuneing. Are the Vortech kits complete and ATI kits incomplete also on the GT?

3. What my friend wants is a complete kit where there is nothing else you have to buy like on the Vortech for the TA. Good drivability and decent gas mileage. And of coarse great power . What do you all recommend ATI, Vortech, or Kenne Bell. Or if there is another SC that I have not mentioned.

TIA

• Sponsors (?)