Which CAI is best?

Most common I heard was of course MAC's CAI. I noticed densecharger has the full fendermount version for around the same price, and saw that it added 12.5 rwhp (according to dynosheet).

What do you guys think is the best? I'm looking to spending no more than 180. From what I heard it doesn't matter, and the ebay one is sufficient?

• Sponsors (?)

shankaran said:
Most common I heard was of course MAC's CAI. I noticed densecharger has the full fendermount version for around the same price, and saw that it added 12.5 rwhp (according to dynosheet).

What do you guys think is the best? I'm looking to spending no more than 180. From what I heard it doesn't matter, and the ebay one is sufficient?

I love my BBK system...but you won't find one for $180 I don't think. Pretty much every CAI is going to give you the same benefit, so just pick the one you think looks best to you. :cool:

Xanax said:
I agree
I love my BBK CAI also! :nice:

I just put my BBK CAI in yesterday. I can feel a nice difference in the throttle and it looks really sweet. I was wondering if that loud sucking noise is normal though, I mean I guess its working if I hear that but does anyone else hear it? Sounds like a vaccuum kinda...

edit- i got mine off ebay cheap, it is a bbk though.

mpagri said:
I just put my BBK CAI in yesterday. I can feel a nice difference in the throttle and it looks really sweet. I was wondering if that loud sucking noise is normal though, I mean I guess its working if I hear that but does anyone else hear it? Sounds like a vaccuum kinda...

edit- i got mine off ebay cheap, it is a bbk though.
Good I'm glad
you like your BBK CAI because I know I do! Great mod if you have the dough.
I can hear the sucking sound also Doc that's cool!

Mach428 said:
The E-bay ones are fine, plus you'll have an extra $120 in your pocket

Ok just for the record. The ebay ones are just made of metal tubing. Both the densecharger and the MAC cai were "developed" for our cars. That generally means some people did some tests and found out the best way to make the cai. I really doubt any testing has gone into the ebay ones and i honestly think they will hurt more then help. thats just IMO.

ganador01 said:
Ok just for the record. The ebay ones are just made of metal tubing. Both the densecharger and the MAC cai were "developed" for our cars. That generally means some people did some tests and found out the best way to make the cai. I really doubt any testing has gone into the ebay ones and i honestly think they will hurt more then help. thats just IMO.

:nice: :nice: Thank you very much. That is my point exactly. :D

I have the densecharger because I am cheap and I wasn't worried about chrome. At the time there was a big discussion about plastic vs. the metal - if the plastic would stay cooler and make a difference. I really don't know about that but I could actually 'feel' the difference and am happy with my denscharger. :nice: