Which caster camber plates?

• Sponsors (?)

I can't get the link to work, but from looking at the address it looks like instructions, so maby I can find it on the MM site. Guess the MM plates are the best ones hands down? I have an impact, my college scolarship paid for it. They gave me $1500. per semester... man I need to go back to school LOL.

I went w/ steeda on my car. I think as long as you get a steel spherical bearing your fine, both steeda and MM have them. The install is super easy. Your going to need an impact gun to get the top bolt off the struts. I ended up leaving the bottom of the strut still connected to the spindle and just pushed it down w/ my hand to get the mounting plate for the cc plates in the strut tower. Mark where the stock plates were so you can get the alignment close enough w/ the new plates, then get an alignment.

I tried the MM one my LX and the Steeda on my GT. Both are good stuff, but that's after I went through some cheap crap from Mac and ground pounder. The Ford stuff is good too, just have to look for a good price.
BP

Be careful where you go for an alignment afterwards. Front end techs dont know how to deal with these plates. Mine are scratched up from the fool adjusting them with a big screwdriver. They could not get near the amount of camber I asked for either. I gave them the MM instructions and they could not follow them. You prolly know a good place, but do they know how to use this stuff. I got the impression that I knew more about the proceedure than they did. It took them 3 hrs. to do a $50 alignment, they lost money on that. And the guy who drove my car onto the rack could not drive a stick. He kept grinding reverse. Then he stalled the engine again and again. I told the fool how to get it in reverse and he said my trans was messed up. I should have taken possesion of my car back at that point. Bad experience.

jerry beach said:
And the guy who drove my car onto the rack could not drive a stick. He kept grinding reverse. Then he stalled the engine again and again. I told the fool how to get it in reverse and he said my trans was messed up. I should have taken possesion of my car back at that point. Bad experience.

i dont let service people drive my car. i think that this Monroe about burned out my clutch and he kept stalling it. i finally went out there and told the guy to get out and i drive it onto the lift----and off it!

that’s freaking awesome, im always so paranoid and aggravated when someone is working on or driving my car. thats why only people to touch my car is when i got emissions, tires, alignment. i don’t trust anyone but myself or someone i personally know and i have to be there, call me anal. oh well. i defiantly say mm hands down, dont they say on there site "That's right--if you can bend it, break it, or otherwise wear it out, we will repair or replace that component for free". i think that is a confident statement. i want to get them but money is tight and i don’t want them to get scratched. does anyone have there strut tower brace? i have it and i have to put it under the stock cc plates. i e pain in the ass without mm cc plates

i think you all have forgotten one major brand.. griggs makes great caster camber plates.. as for people at tire stores knowing how to setup caster/camber with cc plates, most places do not know how to setup caster/camber with aftermarket, the best place to go is to a performace shop. to get your cc plates installed. i mean hell why would you want some idiot that can't do a simple task of driving a car on a lift to work on your car??

Pro3i are a really good choice! :nice: and you have to look no further the stangnet to get them. they are built real tough, but i do have no experience with other brands, but my brother has these as well. and i believe we are both pleased with them :banana:

STANGateURlilSS said:
i think you all have forgotten one major brand.. griggs makes great caster camber plates.. as for people at tire stores knowing how to setup caster/camber with cc plates, most places do not know how to setup caster/camber with aftermarket, the best place to go is to a performace shop. to get your cc plates installed. i mean hell why would you want some idiot that can't do a simple task of driving a car on a lift to work on your car??

I installed them myself and drove it for a week before getting an alignment. I do get your point though, well taken. I was just trying to save a few bucks. I am always dissapointed when I save $, but its in my blood to be cheap :bang: