Which drag radial is the best?

1993SSP

Founding Member
Sep 5, 2001
Ky
Which street legal DOT approved drag radial is the best? Which company has one close to a 245/47/17?? Do these drag radials handle ok in curves also?? I wont be in the rain at all with these. Also what kind of mileage can I expect from them?

• Sponsors (?)

There all pretty good!! The bias ply DR's arent that good for turns,but the radials are pretty good.(BFG's,MT's,and Nitto's)ET-Streets and Hoosier Quick Time Pro's are more slick like then everyday tires!! It sounds like you want the new M/T's or Nitto's or BFG's..

willys1 said:
There all pretty good!! The bias ply DR's arent that good for turns,but the radials are pretty good.(BFG's,MT's,and Nitto's)ET-Streets and Hoosier Quick Time Pro's are more slick like then everyday tires!! It sounds like you want the new M/T's or Nitto's or BFG's..

No such thing as a Bias Ply drag radial, lol. I think you mean the ET street's....which aren't a DR, but I guess you can call them a street slick.

maverick0716 said:
No such thing as a Bias Ply drag radial, lol. I think you mean the ET street's....which aren't a DR, but I guess you can call them a street slick.
Your absolutely rite!! But people often refer to them as DR's because they are dot approved!! The Nitto's are a great all around tire,especially in the rain..At the track they can be tricky,you have to heat them just rite before they hook..They last about 15,000 miles,but if your car is faster then 13 seconds I would opt for the M/T's..JMO

If you want best times go with the M/T ET Street radials(fastest DR out there...even faster then the M/T ET street(slicks).

If you want a long lasting yet moderatly soft tire, go with the Nitto 555R drag raidals, a 100 tread wear. kinda hard tire and wont get good traction but will last longer then all others.

If you want something in the middle go with the BFG drag radials. They hook almost as good as the M/T's and will last longer. BUT if your going to drive in the rain on these i reccomend going M/T since they do better in the rain. BFG= horrible in wet conditions...kinda like driving on slicks in rain. Yes the M/T has more of a slick tread pattern but the way the M/T is it throws the water out from under the tire much better then the BFG!